Lawrence Mass FD radio test - Sat May 23 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
heard Lawrence FD radio test over the air - 818 am - Saturday May 23 2020

154.445 R - all units heard loud and clear here in Arlington

Car 21 - 21 portable - (on duty deputy chief / officer in charge)

Ladder 5 (the mobile radio)

45 alpha + 45 bravo + 45 charlie (portable radios on Ladder 5)

Squad 1 (the mobile radio)

85 alpha - 85 bravo - 85 charlie (portable radios on Squad 1)

Eng 6 -(the mobile radio)

36 alpha - 36 bravo - 36 charlie - (the portables on Eng 6)

Eng 7 - 37 a b c

Eng 8 - 38 a b c

Eng 9 - 39 a b c

Ladder 4 (the mobile radio - answered as "Truck 44")

44 a b c - portables on Ladder 4

KAR 981 Operator ?Dailey?

------------------

the key here is - in the old days - 30s were pumpers radio IDs - 40s were ladders - 85 was rescue 1 - 99 meant 10-4

recently - seems that crews were cut down to 3 per rig and rescue 1 was taken out of service - Eng 8 was reactivated - Eng 5 became Squad 1 (rescue pumper) - technically - maybe the crew members of Engine 5 were transferred to Sta 8 - and the crew members of Rescue 1 were transferred to Squad 1

So the lineup now is

Central - Squad 1 + Ladder 5 + Car 21 + Fire Alarm Office

Sta 4 - Ladder 4

Sta 6 - Eng 6

Sta 7 - Eng 7

Sta 8 - Eng 8

Sta 9 - Eng 9

(they dont use Sta 5 6 7 8 9 iirc - they just use the street name or neighborhood name - but I dont know them)

potala1369

Premium Subscriber
Engine 5 was renumbered to Engine 8 and moved from the Central Station on Lowell Street and sent to the newly reopened Ames Street Fire House. This move didn't go over well with LFD as Engine 5 had been stationed at Lowell Street for over 125 years.Squad 1, a combination Rescue unit and pumper replaced Engine 5 at the Central Station. The old Rescue unit, 85 was taken out of service due to age issues. I am not exactly sure of the numerical callsign of the new Rescue unit. It was just dispatched as 'Squad 1' several minutes ago. The LFD tests on a regular basis daily at about 8:15 AM.

potala1369

Premium Subscriber
Engine 5 was renumbered to Engine 8 and moved from the Central Station on Lowell Street and sent to the newly reopened Ames Street Fire House. This move didn't go over well with LFD as Engine 5 had been stationed at Lowell Street for over 125 years.Squad 1, a combination Rescue unit and pumper replaced Engine 5 at the Central Station. The old Rescue unit, 85 was taken out of service due to age issues. I am not exactly sure of the numerical callsign of the new Rescue unit. It was just dispatched as 'Squad 1' several minutes ago. The LFD tests on a regular basis daily at about 8:15 AM.
Heard the LFD radio test this morning, 5/31/20; Squad 1 was called Squad 1 and all of the portable units were using the old '85' callsigns: i.e., 85 Alpha, 85 Bravo, 85 Charlie.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
Did Fire Alarm move back to HQ? I thought they had a good set up down on Bodwell Street next to the Guilmette School

Status
Not open for further replies.