Lawton NOAA Weather Radio

Oklahoma

Premium Subscriber
I have a question concerning WXK 86, the NOAA Weather Radio Station in Lawton, it's been down now for the last several days. We've had a couple of days of severe weather alerts and no alarms going off. I wonder if anyone here know of anyone who works for the Norman NWS office who has any idea what's going on with WXK 86. Here where we are the other NOAA Weather Station which service our area do not come in at all.

Thanks in advance for the response.

ecps92

I have a question concerning WXK 86, the NOAA Weather Radio Station in Lawton, it's been down now for the last several days. We've had a couple of days of severe weather alerts and no alarms going off. I wonder if anyone here know of anyone who works for the Norman NWS office who has any idea what's going on with WXK 86. Here where we are the other NOAA Weather Station which service our area do not come in at all.

Thanks in advance for the response.
They are aware of it

Oklahoma

Premium Subscriber
KSWO 7 News does in fact have a storm chase van that they use to track storms. I've seen them do live storm chases on their app. It's fun to watch.

Oklahoma

Premium Subscriber
Update, WXK 86 is back on the air. Thanks so very much NWS for getting it back on.