• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Lex L11 low call volume from mic?

62Scout

Yes, I know these things aren't radios in the traditional sense, but no one on "smartphone" forums have any idea these exist, and I've seen a couple other threads about them here, so...

I picked one up 2nd hand for personal use, and I really like it overall except for phone calls. Using both in "normal" phone to ear and speakerphone results in very low volume from the mic. Left voicemails for myself on other lines, and while audio is clear, it's very low volume. Have to turn the volume all the way up on my other phone to even hear it, and it's nearly impossible to hear from my smartwatch (other calls/voicemails are fine).

I've updated the Lex to Android 11 using the update from Motorola, and have been all through the settings trying to find a way to boost mic volume with no luck. I also enabled Android Developer Mode, with nothing found in there relating to mic audio.

Is there something I'm missing? Or maybe something like overly aggressive noise cancelling that I can't adjust out without the RM software? Or did I maybe just get sent a bad phone altogether?

62Scout

That's pretty much what I figured, and started the returns process. Thanks!

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I'm a little late but may have an answer. For mine what I've discovered is my "PTT audio profile mode" does affect phone calls and not just radio usage. There are two options you can enable with it turned on: "Howling suppression" and "PTT enhanced noise suppression" anytime I turn howling suppression on it tanks my microphone volume and is extremely hard for others to hear me. It's not even smart where once it detects howling it'll lower the volume, instead it just outright has it lowered all the time. Again this goes for PTT over Bluetooth to the radio, using Zello, or phone calls.

I didn't need RM to adjust this setting, the top pull down menu allowed me to add it as an option and then edit it.

I'm sure you've already returned it but if you get another one at any point down the line and still have an issue, make sure that's disabled.