LFR Dispatch Joins Regional CAD System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

While sifting through all those pesky grocery store adds in my mailbox I came across an interesting article in the Littleton Report:

LFR dispatch joins regional group

LFR has joined South Metro, West Metro and the Evergreen Fire Protection District in pursuing a consolidated regional Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. The partners represent more than 750,000 people across three counties and 21 cities. The result will be one of the largest regional CAD systems in Colorado. Staffing will remain within each agency. The consolidation of the dispatch systems should result in substantial equipment and maintenance cost savings for each of the entities.

Think we will hear Mr. & Mrs. Lola on the LFR & Evergreen channels in the near future?

EDIT- More information here
http://www.littletongov.org/index.aspx?page=242&recordid=712&returnURL=/index.aspx

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
While sifting through all those pesky grocery store adds in my mailbox I came across an interesting article in the Littleton Report:

Think we will hear Mr. & Mrs. Lola on the LFR & Evergreen channels in the near future?

EDIT- More information here
Littleton : News & Announcements : CAD Consolidation Planned for Area Dispatch Centers

South Metro is using First In's AVD (Automatic Voice Dispatch) and West Metro is using Locution. Thus far Littleton has not expressed interest in the AVD product so it probably won't happen anytime soon. Each dispatch center can use whatever station alerting system they'd like while sharing the CAD platform.

Steve2003

South Metro is using First In's AVD (Automatic Voice Dispatch) and West Metro is using Locution. Thus far Littleton has not expressed interest in the AVD product so it probably won't happen anytime soon. Each dispatch center can use whatever station alerting system they'd like while sharing the CAD platform.

Thanks for the update Eric. Bet this will cut-down on all the comms we hear over MetroNet between LFR and Metcom.

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Thanks for the update Eric. Bet this will cut-down on all the comms we hear over MetroNet between LFR and Metcom.

You're exactly right. The new CAD should be operational with all agencies on board by October. When that happens all the incident information will be shared on CAD & MDT's so there really will be no need to talk on MetroNet.

Status
Not open for further replies.