Lifeguard 11 Found Unusal Place and other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering around in Rockbridge county this afternoon and picked up several transmissions from Lifeguard 11 to base and back on MURS 154.600 151.4

Confirmed multiple times on two different entries. FL and Full DB listings for MURS.

Thought that very odd. Not sure where they were going from but were going to hospital. Was repeater too from the sound of it.

Also some type of digital on 464.975 that is not 436 scannable. Have heard repeatedly when in that area over last month or so. No analog comms heard at all on that freq.

Wondering if the college PD has switched to NXDN or Trbo possibly. There is a college listed for freq in Lexington.

Also noticed Lex channels are very hard to pick up, no idea why. They seem to be just regular analog traffic. I know when I do pick them up audio is always very low on all freqs. Just hardly ever do when in area. Pick up Buena Vista when mobile just great. Rockbridge County though leaves something to be desired but still better than Lex city stuff.

TG 6703 active today a fair amount on STARS. ID starting with 3.

Also been hearing radio testing and E-Trigger testing last month or so on individual radios. No idea for who but on 107. Sounds like they've been getting radios ready to go live on system.

Also Bath county doing fire tone out nightly pager test on Services freq. 453.2375 as well as Bath Fire Disp channel. May be both are used as FD Dispatch channels although not simulcast. Someone in area maybe has more info. I don't pick them up much from home anymore though not sure why.

Side note, very happy with 436. Mobile was picking up Culpepper and Richmond amongst other things today. Surprised me. Also in addition to nearby stuff, Patrick, Augusta, and Nelson counties were received along with Bedford TRS. Plus some VHF things that were on other channels so don't know what they were except PS. Including one dispatching on a common/shared interop freq.

Think I'll have to go out one day and sit around in area with scanner and laptop and see what all I can log. Maybe hit north a bit to see if I can log Trbo in Staunton area too.

W4UVV

464.9750 mhz.

Washington & Lee Un. Security in Lexington is licensed for both analog (D-131)/MOTOTRBO operation. My testing has shown the 436 and 536 models to be more RF sensitive than the 396XT and 996XT scanners and have less harsh audio. For example, using the same antenna system I now hear Hanover Co. fine on my 536 that my 996XT does not detect.

John

W4UVV

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Washington & Lee Un. Security in Lexington is licensed for both analog (D-131)/MOTOTRBO operation. My testing has shown the 436 and 536 models to be more RF sensitive than the 396XT and 996XT scanners and have less harsh audio. For example, using the same antenna system I now hear Hanover Co. fine on my 536 that my 996XT does not detect.

John

W4UVV

Thanks John that explains the digital signal then. I've always thought the reception was good on the 436 I got but its nice to know its tested out that way too.

I can't wait to finally get a 536 but working on saving for a couple of other radios at the moment which precludes for time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.