Live Streaming Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-M

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
IP address

You really need a 'static' IP address to do this. And an 'always on' internet connection, ie cable or DSL which I assume you have.

If you don't have a static IP, you can use a service such as www.dynip.com.


I'm on the road, at a hotel tonight on my laptop. Once I get home Sunday night (will be almost midnight, so may be Monday before I can continue) I may be able to help.
 

remedy44

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
20
Location
Oak Lawn,IL
Its not that hard to setup have done it before and i can still set one up just like this it will only be up for next 45 minutes my old node name is used below new site now is http://dxtuners.com i run the Chicago-DX site

mms://chicagojavaradio.dynu.com:9090/
 

baybum

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
88
Location
Howard County
I have a static IP address. Would A user just put that address in his player?
Or, would I be better off having someone host my live feed?
I think the latter sounds easier.

Who can I use?

Firefeeds never got back to me.


Mike
 

baybum

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
88
Location
Howard County
Finally working!!

Finally got my live feed working, but not permanent yet.
A hundred million thanks to Remedy44 for his assistance!!!

Problem was I needed a static IP address other than the public 192.168.x.x.

I got one from DYNU.com. It's a beautiful thing.

This web site rules!


Mike
 

DonS

Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
4,099
Reaction score
-2
Location
Franktown, CO
Re: Finally working!!

baybum said:
Problem was I needed a static IP address other than the public 192.168.x.x.

192.168.x.x addresses are not "public". By definition, that's one of the private IP ranges. Same with 10.x.x.x and 172.[16-31].x.x.
 

DonS

Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
4,099
Reaction score
-2
Location
Franktown, CO
baybum said:
That's what I meant

same thing only different

What you likely needed was an IP address that is both public (so the outside world can see it) and static (so the outside world knows where to look for it). You had a 192.168 address, which is private. It was probably dynamic, as well (esp. if it's a cable or DSL connection).
 

remedy44

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
20
Location
Oak Lawn,IL
yes he had a private IP behide his router of course dont we all so we open a port for streaming the audio got WME setup and a dynu account so if the IP ever changed he did'nt have to tell everyone that he has a new IP
 

Brimasta

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
All,

I have a question on this topic. I currently am serving a live stream using shoutcast and havent really had any problems with it using a bc350a. I have a pro 96 and I have tried several times to get it to broadcast. No matter what I do I cant get the volume loud enough to be audible. I even tried the little battery powered headphone amplifier from RS. Any ideas on what I can do to boost the volume so I can stream the 800 stuff to my listeners? This is my current stream for Loudoun County, VA http://www.loudoun.no-ip.info:8000/listen.pls

Thanks,
Brian
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
I don't understand what you're saying here. The stream sounds fine. I just heard a call out for a car fire I think it was. Sounded nice an clear.

Perhaps you'd want to put more frequencies in rather than just having the fire.

You may want to look at http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=2872

and http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&stid=51


Brimasta said:
All,

I have a question on this topic. I currently am serving a live stream using shoutcast and havent really had any problems with it using a bc350a. I have a pro 96 and I have tried several times to get it to broadcast. No matter what I do I cant get the volume loud enough to be audible. I even tried the little battery powered headphone amplifier from RS. Any ideas on what I can do to boost the volume so I can stream the 800 stuff to my listeners? This is my current stream for Loudoun County, VA http://www.loudoun.no-ip.info:8000/listen.pls

Thanks,
Brian
 

Brimasta

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Ontario,

I didnt write my problem very clearly, my fault. The stream that is currently up that you heard is just my bearcat broadcasting our analog dispatch channel ( 6 adam). I would much rather stream my pro 96 so people can hear the response and fireground channels since all of those channels are on 800mhz. So, when I unplug the bearcat and plug in the pro 96, the volume that is transmitting is so low you cant hear it. Any suggestions on how to boost the volume?

Thanks,
Brian
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Go into your sound properties and check to see if the audio is set high enough there.

Also you may want to check the audio on the radio as well to make sure it's turned up. Or maybe the squelch is turned up to high.



Brimasta said:
Ontario,

I didnt write my problem very clearly, my fault. The stream that is currently up that you heard is just my bearcat broadcasting our analog dispatch channel ( 6 adam). I would much rather stream my pro 96 so people can hear the response and fireground channels since all of those channels are on 800mhz. So, when I unplug the bearcat and plug in the pro 96, the volume that is transmitting is so low you cant hear it. Any suggestions on how to boost the volume?

Thanks,
Brian
 

Beaky

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2003
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgetown, Texas
Maximum Clients for Media Encoder 9

I thought I would follow up. We used to only have 5 users listening to our streams. It was the default just like ScanCapeCod said.
Regarding the 5 client limitation of Windows Media Encoder 9, this is a default setting. It is easily tweakable in the Windows Registry. Drill down through the help file of WME9, there is a section that describes exactly how to accomplish it. I think I searched for maximum clients or some criteria similiar to that.


Go to "Start, Run, type-regedit, Go to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Tools\Encoder\MaxClientConnections

Then, right click on default, modify & change from 5 (default) to up to 50

Thank you ScanCapeCod!!

Admin
www.scancentex.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top