Livingston

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnPreston59

Hello.
I'm living in Livingston and I'm attempting to pick it up with a simple store bought scanner.

I have the Uniden Home Patrol 2.
I'm unable to pick up Livingston, though I can pick up every other county nearby.

Did I get the wrong scanner? I'm a complete newbie when it pertains to radios and frequencies and other such things.

chrisdenker

Home Patrol II looks like a nice scanner, I considered it but wanted portable.
Make sure you've got any updates from Uniden;
Depending on where you are in the county, digital reception might be a little spotty; try a couple different locations and see what works best; have you gotten any signal at all from Livingston?

I've had really mixed results, I'm 3 miles from the nearest tower, and just when I think I've got it dialed in, seems like weather moves in and signals really drop out.

Try any experiments during busy times, and use Broadcastify to verify whether there's any traffic; there's a good reliable feed on there.

skip392

trouble picking up livingston

radio reference can give you all the frequencies in Columbia county.fire control has changed there frequencies and the new ones will be listed there

TAbirdman

radio reference can give you all the frequencies in Columbia county.fire control has changed there frequencies and the new ones will be listed there

but the OP was looking for Livingston county info.
???

TAbirdman

Hello.
I'm living in Livingston and I'm attempting to pick it up with a simple store bought scanner.

I have the Uniden Home Patrol 2.
I'm unable to pick up Livingston, though I can pick up every other county nearby.

Did I get the wrong scanner? I'm a complete newbie when it pertains to radios and frequencies and other such things.

Did you have any luck programing Livingston in?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
but the OP was looking for Livingston county info.
???

There is a Town of Livingston in Columbia County. Although I'll assume the original poster meant Livingston County in this case since he said all the nearby counties. Even though he did not specifically say "Livingston County".

Status
Not open for further replies.