Local Hookups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echelon12

Hey all,

Was just curious of anyone in the local central Illinois area wanted to exchange emails, etc, for the purpose of getting to know one another, share knowledge, etc. Could be anywhere in Illinois I suppose, doesn't have to be central specifically. Hey maybe some of us live near bye, catch a cup of coffee at Starbucks or something? Just a though, let me know. Cheers.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
www.carmachicago.com

Hey all,

Was just curious of anyone in the local central Illinois area wanted to exchange emails, etc, for the purpose of getting to know one another, share knowledge, etc. Could be anywhere in Illinois I suppose, doesn't have to be central specifically. Hey maybe some of us live near bye, catch a cup of coffee at Starbucks or something? Just a though, let me know. Cheers.

Consider coming up to the Metro Chicago Area (Willowbrook) for a CARMA CHICAGO meeting. We meet every other month at a Pizza Restaurant in a suburb approx. 20 miles west of Chicago.

Home Page

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you can make it up to the Chicago area we will be having a CARMA "Friday Nighter" in the O'Hare area this coming Friday.

I will post to the RR Forum when the location is confirmed.

cifn2

Feed Provider
If you can make it up to the Chicago area we will be having a CARMA "Friday Nighter" in the O'Hare area this coming Friday.

I will post to the RR Forum when the location is confirmed.

Would be nice if there was a group further downstate, say south of I-72

stevelton

Thats what I had always hoped the WHERE Club would have turned out to be, but since it was mainly ham radio people that were the first members, doesnt seem like theres a lot of interest in other modes of radio communications like scanner, CB, or GMRS. Oh well. Michael, you and I ought to start a scanner club.

Illinois Scanner People Engaged in Radio No-how.... We could call ourselves ISPERN !!!!! HA HA HA

Steven

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber

You know, with advance notice, some of us "up north" might even drop by to visit your central or southern IL scanner enthusiasts' group. At our CARMA Chicago meetings, we have regulars who come up from Peoria, and another from Wisconsin. We are always interested in what other scanner groups are doing, not just the ham radio aspect, although MANY of us with CARMA are hams. Just a thought, keep us in the loop either way.

K9JLR

It would probably be possible to organize a get together in the Springfield area, or somewhere else "downstate" that is rather centrally located, speaking on a regional basis.

stevelton

Like most people in Southern Illinois, when I think of Down State, I am thinking Mt. Vernon, Marion, and Yes, Cairo and Metropolis. Effingham is as far north as I consider "southern IL", cuz to me anything north or I-70 is Central Illinois.

I wonder how hard it would be to organize a 1 day convention of Scanner/radio enthusiasts, just for the sake of getting together and sharing ideas and information.

There could even be a photo contest of the best home scanner shack.

I dont think there would be that many people who would come though, I just cant see people driving for over an hour just to see some other guys scanner and here someone talk about the ins and outs of how radio systems work.

Steven

flubber2007

Feed Provider
One of my buddies that hosted the Sangomon County feed tried having having meetings once a month but noone seemed interested? Maybe bad promotions? I dont know but he is no longer with us :(.

cifn2

Feed Provider
I think there is interest, but people are so busy with life these days, between work and maybe a 2nd job and taking the kids to school and activities it doesn't leave much time for rest and enjoying things. Maybe we could get a couple groups organized, maybe one in the mid-state area, then one down here closer to myself and Steven.

I do like the name ISPERN lol, but you wouldnt know if we were talking about the group or the channel.

At least while the channel still exists, since I keep hearing that there are no plans to continue ISPERN at this time when narrowband becomes a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.