SDS100/SDS200: Locating frequencies for a LTR system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
There are a few UHF radio frequencies that I believe are part of a LTR radio system, although the DB lists them as conventional. Is there a way to use the SDS100 to locate the remaining frequencies if in fact the frequencies in question are part of a trunked system? This may be a wild goose chase, but I think there is something there since when I monitor them on a conventional scanner I hear the motorboat noise of a trunked system.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Could possibly be DMR Cap+ instead? LTR sounds like abut of static or quick keyup. Cap+ sounds like a quick motorboat burst.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Do a FCC license search on those frequencies that are listed… It may list a new system recently updated but not included in the RR database as yet?

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
What I have found is that one of frequencies in question does show up as a CAP* and shows a color code, however no voice. Doing a FCC search it comes back as part of the Fisher Wireless system which is a rather large system that covers more than one state. The frequency however is not listed as part of the Fisher Wireless system in the RRDB.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Does it show a color code? That could help confirm that it is the Fisher System.

Status
Not open for further replies.