Locating & Identifying G.A. Practice Areas

MiCon

Mike
I recently moved near Prescott, AZ. 123.0 is constantly active with aircraft giving advisories for where they are. Some of the locations given are "Prescott area traffic" (Prescott Airport KPRC has a tower freq), "Cottonwood area traffic" (Cottonwood AP has a unicom freq), "Bagdad practice area traffic", "Big Springs Ranch", "Orem", "Wickenburg". The locations seem to cover a large area of central AZ. I can't find some of these locations on any map, including a sectional chart I checked.

Trying to make it easy on myself, I was wondering if there's a publication or list somewhere that I can use to look up practice areas and their frequencies.

The thought occurred to me that I could check ADS-B to locate the identifying aircraft, which would give me a rough idea of where they are, but having just moved I don't have time for that right now.

Any thoughts / advice would be welcome.

<>< Mike

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the responses. Thanks especially to andy51edge. This is pretty much what I was looking for.
And, I sent my response while getting ready for the day and didn't get to really look through the docs. The freqs are found on the pdfs under the "PDFs of Phoenix Practice Area Charts (updated 1-8-22)" header.