Locking out groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric61

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2002
Messages
76
Reaction score
2
Location
Ft Worth, TX
I have 6 systems assigned to 1 quick key. Five are trunked and one is conventional. Two of the trunked systems are locked out. Each system has either 2 or 3 groups. If I use FUNC+# to turn off all of the groups in one of the trunked systems, that system still seems to be part of the "scan"; that is, that system name appears on the top line of the display (with no group numbers displayed at the bottom of the display) as the radio moves through the 4 systems that are not locked out. All trunked groups are in ID Scan mode. Consequently, the radio does not stop on any talkgroups, but it does spend a certain amount of time going through a system that I am not currently listening to.

I realize that I can easily lock out that sytem, but to unlock it, I have to scroll through ALL of the systems to find and unlock it. Not that this is all that difficult to do. The only reason for this that I can see is that in order to be able to use FUNC-# to turn a group on or off, the radio must be on that particular system and if all groups were off and it didn't run through that system, you would have to go into the menu to get it back.

While playing around with this, I realized that when assigning multiple systems to the same quick key, groups numbers can be duplicated in multiple systems and turned on/off without affecting groups in the other sytems. I had previously only used one group number per quick key.

Just thought I would pass along my observations for the benefit of anyone that could use the info.

-Eric
 

JMR

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
With that many systems assigned to one quick key what you are trying to do will be fairly hard. Try assigning the systems to differant quick keys.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top