Logging VHF channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
While visiting my parents, there was a sign posted where there was active logging and stated that they were using VHF Channel 144. I was wondering if there is a list of these channels somewhere. I've scoured the net and get nothing on this.

Thanks in advance.
 

Saint

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
5,225
Reaction score
1,495
Location
Fort Erie Ontario Canada
What frequencies

While visiting my parents, there was a sign posted where there was active logging and stated that they were using VHF Channel 144. I was wondering if there is a list of these channels somewhere. I've scoured the net and get nothing on this.

Thanks in advance.

What agency are you talking about, What city, town, who is suposed to be using these frequencies ????????????????????????????????
Steve
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
It doesn't specify which company as the logging trucks are from multiple companies. All it says to do is monitor "VHF Logging channel 144" to listen in to the locations of the trucks coming in and out on the road. I have seen signs like this in many areas where there's active logging.
 

Saint

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
5,225
Reaction score
1,495
Location
Fort Erie Ontario Canada
frequencies

It doesn't specify which company as the logging trucks are from multiple companies. All it says to do is monitor "VHF Logging channel 144" to listen in to the locations of the trucks coming in and out on the road. I have seen signs like this in many areas where there's active logging.

Sorry I can't help you.
Steve
 

hitsfm

Member
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Location
timmins
163.980 is the 144 truckers channel used by just about everry one on the road its been around for years
used up here on every hwy an town.
also159.270 aka mallete ch is used everry where
165.180 also abitibi
 

torontokris

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
1,738
Reaction score
52
Location
Toronto Canada
edit nevermind i think hitsfm got it above

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Last edited:

hitsfm

Member
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Location
timmins
144 truckers channel belongs to w day from sudbury in the 80ts i loaded that freq in lots of trucks that ran between timmins an sudbury on the 144 hwy its was used lots an still is for hauling wood an rocks to the mines an mills .
if you dont have that freq in your radio in your truck you cant use certain roads that are used for trucks only.
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
Thank you everyone... I never even thought of Day Trucking. I want to load it up into a few HT's and my dad's mobile. They're logging on a forest access road that is public use but it's crazy dangerous to travel if you don't know the frequency, and their property backs on the access road. My mom is an avid horse person that rides trails back there... Mostly for my family's safety.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top