Looking for Programming Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkovalik

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if my post should be in the East Canadian section or the Win500 or here...

I just got my PSR-500 and am looking for some programming assistance or workaround for the 32 frequency TSYS limit.

I am looking for suggestions on how to program the following system:

System Name: Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1
County: 22 counties
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=861

I downloaded Win500 to try it before I register and I have a premium subscription for RR.

Here goes...

When I use Web Import and select this system, I choose sites 3 to 20. I have CC only selected and Win500 reports I have selected 35 channels. If I select Import, Win500 complains about the 32 limit and says additional frequencies will not be imported but if I do import, I end up with 27 frequencies. It seems Win500 doesnt calculate the duplicate channels ahead of time.

If this is the case, it looks like I can squeeze additional sites in a TSYS to avoid duplicating more than necessary.

Based on this, does anyone have suggestions on how to proceed? I was hoping to add all sites to a single TSYS and use the STAT feature to scan all CC's but looks like I cant fit them all.

I was thinking of dividing them geographically but when playing with this, I find the talk group ID's dont match. What I mean is I hear traffic on a talk group called Napanee which is east in the province but the actual voice traffic gets identified as local Toronto ie. HWY 400.

I think this may be due to a duplicate control channel. I think if I was able to put all frequencies in a single TSYS, I wouldn't come across this?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should break the sites up??

Appreciate your help,

Rob

mciupa

rkovalik said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should break the sites up?
Rob

Must it be a single TSYS ?
There is so much memory available that perhaps splitting your monitoring zones in two (with Cedarwoods as a geographic mid-point) may be a solution.
Try eight towers in one TSYS and nine in the other and see if that alleviates your stumbling block.

rkovalik

To update my own post and to update other Ontarians,

I ended up taking all the control frequencies for Zone 1 and put them into a spreadsheet. I then ran a filter on it to find only unique frequencies. What I ended up with is 31 unique frequencies both control and alternate.

Suffice it to say, the entire system fit into a single TSYS with 1 frequency to spare.

I still think Win500 needs to calculate duplicates prior to pressing the commit button as described in my first post.

If I blindly import the whole system and dismiss the Win500 warning, it too populates 31 frequencies but it does not tell you this, only that you exceeded 32.

Other than that, Win500 is a great piece of programming.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.