Looking for simplex freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I did, but I cannot narrow them ddown. Im kinda slow. I want accurate and correct info thats why i come here

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Amateur radio is not channelized like other radio services. Amateur radio operators are free to operate on any frequency within the limits of FCC rules.

However, to help manage the VHF/UHF spectrum, we have band plans, gentlemen's agreements, which specify where repeaters should be and where simplex operations should be. I'd suggest starting with the ARRL band plan. But, your area may be different. Check with the repeater frequency coordinator for your area to see what they recommend.

SCPD

QRT
Broken records

The standard simplex calling freq for 2 meters is 146.52,
Around me, we also tend to use 146.535.
For many years, we also used 145.670, but that's become a digital calling channel now.
Either 146.520 or 146.535 should work out for you.

The calling channel on 440 is 446.000.

N8IAA

Thta does tell me what I want to know. Thats all band plan.. Iwant to know about simplex freqs. 2 meter onhas less than 8 to 10 but this isnt it

W9BU answered your question about the frequencies. There are set areas in 2m/1 1/4m/70cm for working simplex.
What wasn't explained?
Larry

phask

Premium Subscriber
Can you repeat that in English?

This makes no sense at all - slow down and re-read your post - also pay attention to the answers you are getting.

Simplex USAGE varies by location. If there is no repeater pair using it - it can be used for simplex. I've seen repeater output used as simplex as well as input with different PL or without PL - this was by club owner's that knew what they were doing.

I've been licensed for several years and rather inactive - but that is how it was in my area.

" 2 meter onhas less than 8 to 10 but this isnt it"

Thta does tell me what I want to know. Thats all band plan.. Iwant to know about simplex freqs. 2 meter onhas less than 8 to 10 but this isnt it

ecps92

Hopefully Google can Translate your message.

Try #1
That does not tell me what I want to know. Thats all band plan.. I want to know about simplex freqs. 2 meter has less than 8 to 10 but this isnt it

Did you even READ ANY of the documents ??
IT DOES specificially list the Simplex Frequencies for
http://www.nesmc.org/docs/bandplans.pdf Read page 2, re-read and then read again
6 Meters aka 50 Mhz, 2 Meters aka 144 Mhz, 1.25 Meters aka 220 Mhz, 70 Centi-Meters aka 440 Mhz, 33 Centi-Meters aka 900 Mhz and 23 Centi-Meters aka 1.24 Ghz

your info about less than 8-10 frequencies is bad info

Last edited:

AK9R

Super Moderator

phask

Premium Subscriber
Obviously he did not read MY post either. ANY 2 meter freq. can , may . shall. be used as simplex, with 7minor exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecps92

Some people ask and are handed the answers.
Others need to be spoon-fed the answers they want, not the correct info.

O well, it's nice n warm today [ inside :) ]

Obviously he did not read MY post either. ANY 2 meter freq. can , may . shall. be used as simplex, with 7minor exceptions.

Looking at the OP's other posts - he either has an issue, or is just plain stupid.
Either learn to read and reply with some degree of competence - or shut up.

Agree - ignore him.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
Thta does tell me what I want to know. Thats all band plan.. Iwant to know about simplex freqs.

SERIOUSLY??? The link to the band plans explains EXACTLY what the Simplex Frequencies are... Did you even look at them?

Attached is an image that CLEARLY shows what frequencies are available for simplex use.
8dea877df4d93015557086f88c26bfe3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AK9R

Super Moderator
Folks, I think the question has been answered. It's now up to the OP to act on the supplied information. As a result, there's probably no need to keep this thread open.

Also, this forum is not the place for insulting other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.