Lorain City PD

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I have not been able to pickup the City of Lorain PD for a while. Current channel 155.250MHz seems to be dead and Broadcastify does not have a feed.

Anyone able to receive them?

I have scanned the new 5 City system and it's mostly FD & EMS.

Thanks!

John

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Well the southern most repeater is on the water tower in south lorain...

Penfield is on RT 18... I assume your using an outdoor ant?

Last edited:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Do you have it programmed as P25?
Lorain Police have been using P25 Digital Voice for many years...
I believe his problem is recent...
He isn't even seeing a signal on his SDR's...

His location is just under 20 miles line of site from LPD's southern most site...

wd8chl

Nothing wrong with the system that I can tell. It's 7 -site simulcast, with the main site on the water tank as mentioned. The southern most site is behind Clearview HS.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
FB2's on the same frequency at multiple locations sure looks like the definition of simulcast.

View attachment 153270
If they were Simulcast... Two of my scanners would have trouble receiving them...
They are portable scanners... I can take them anywhere in the city and have no issues what so ever...
As in no Simulcast Distortion...
The Five City System is Simulcast... And those two scanners will not work on that system...
My SDS100 and 200 have no problem with the 5 City System...

Last edited:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
FB2 - Mobile Relay
A repeater. This may be conventional, decentralized trunking, or centralized trunking depending on frequency band and rules under which it is deployed. It may also be a very simple or very elaborate system.

kf8yk

If they were Simulcast... Two of my scanners would have trouble receiving them...
They are portable scanners... I can take them anywhere in the city and have no issues what so ever...
As in no Simulcast Distortion...
The Five City System is Simulcast... And those two scanners will not work on that system...
My SDS100 and 200 have no problem with the 5 City System...

Your method of determining if a system is simulcast is flawed. Not every digital simulcast system uses linear modulation (LSM/CQPSK), I have a 10 site Kenwood simulcast network that uses C4FM for P25 simulcast. With the right system design linear modulation is not always required for digital simulcast.

FB2 - Mobile Relay
A repeater. This may be conventional, decentralized trunking, or centralized trunking depending on frequency band and rules under which it is deployed. It may also be a very simple or very elaborate system.

Simulcast could be analog or digital, trunked or conventional, repeated (FB2, et al) or not (FB). Not sure what your point is.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Your method of determining if a system is simulcast is flawed. Not every digital simulcast system uses linear modulation (LSM/CQPSK), I have a 10 site Kenwood simulcast network that uses C4FM for P25 simulcast. With the right system design linear modulation is not always required for digital simulcast.

Simulcast could be analog or digital, trunked or conventional, repeated (FB2, et al) or not (FB). Not sure what your point is.

Could also be separate repeaters each accessed by a different squelch tone. Uncommon, but it's done in a few places I'm aware of.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Could also be separate repeaters each accessed by a different squelch tone. Uncommon, but it's done in a few places I'm aware of.

We've got more than a few in southeast Ohio and in West Virginia. Multiple repeaters throughout the county that output the same CTCSS tone but require different tones to access the repeater.

"If you're west of Johnson Ridge, use Channel 3. If you're in Smithville, go to Channel 1. Anything east of Big Tree State Forest, use Channel 2". It's a poor man's voter system.

MARCS has all but eliminated much of this but almost no one cancels their FCC licenses when the equipment is decommissioned.

dryfb

That's how it is in Seneca County, Erie County may have a similar system. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what it was