Los Rios College PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanusb

I know they are Digital on the SRRCS, I do not have a Digital capable scanner yet, but I was wondering just how much action do you guys hear if you listen to these talk groups?
I'm sure there is a fair amount of chatter from everything I've seen, even the officer I spoke too a few days ago said there was quite a bit that goes on at all the campuses. (CRC, ARC, SCC, FLC)
I also noticed that ARC has some UHF freqs listed in the database:

461.88750 210.7 PL ARC PD Police FM Law Dispatch
464.13750 KD52325 M 210.7 PL ARC PD Police FM Law Dispatch
464.23750 KD52325 M 210.7 PL ARC PD Police FM Law Dispatch

Are these freqs still in use, or did they ditch them when they jumped onto the 800 system?
The only sites that broadcasts these talk groups are on the campuses themselves correct? I know at CRC it is ontop of the library, but does that tower have any other 800 talk groups on it, or is it strictly for the use of the college(s)?

Markinsac

As far as I've been able to determine, they are only on the SRRCS system. Their activity is light - status checks, alarm conditions, some dispatch.

When you consider their primary jurisdiction, there normally won't be a lot of activity.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I know they are Digital on the SRRCS, I do not have a Digital capable scanner yet, but I was wondering just how much action do you guys hear if you listen to these talk groups?
I'm sure there is a fair amount of chatter from everything I've seen, even the officer I spoke too a few days ago said there was quite a bit that goes on at all the campuses. (CRC, ARC, SCC, FLC)

I have Los Rios in 2 of my scanners and as you said they have a lot of radio traffic but most of it is not "action" stuff.

The only sites that broadcasts these talk groups are on the campuses themselves correct? I know at CRC it is ontop of the library, but does that tower have any other 800 talk groups on it, or is it strictly for the use of the college(s)?

The Los Rios TG's should be broadcast from the same towers as all the other SRRCS TG's. As far as I know they do not broadcast any SRRCS TG's including Los Rios from the campuses themselves.

The towers on the campuses are most likely used for microwave linking to the SRRCS towers.

Last edited:

clanusb

The towers on the campuses are most likely used for microwave linking to the SRRCS towers.

Makes sense....they wouldn't have any repeaters up for the just the use of the campus would they? I see the staff walking around with portables (i have no idea what they are, besides kenwood, haven't gotten that close.) I'm guessing they are UHF, but I believe simplex is more than enough for the entire campus.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
i find that they yap on the radio more than some town pd s i have them in my scanner but they are rarely active
the digital does seem to give them a lot of problems i am always hearing
10-9

10-9
hold on let me go to my car radio

ssd

lrccd pd up date

well i have lrccd pd in my scanner 24/7. it has goten better. the cp.s are the cso/security. the p units are the pd. the dispatch has a lot of background noise.that where the 10/9 comes form but the XTS2500 SEEM to work well. the uhf radios are for the jans and any 1 who is not a cop or gaurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.