Louisa P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpharaysmax

There appears to be some kind of signal on 155.6400, but it's not constant, so likely not a control channel. From near Fredericksburg, I wasn't able to get DSD+ to give me any kind of useful information. The signal might simply be too weak.

Decided to poke around in SDR# before heading to the SDS100. I've pulled up all of the frequencies listed under the new license, but haven't found anything on any of them yet, except for 155.640. But as you said, it's only an occasional transmission. I need to figure out how to decode Phase 2 systems (I'm assuming that's what this is) with DSD+ to get any further along, anyway.

I'm only about 2.5 miles from the tower in the Town of Louisa (using a roof-mounted scanner antenna), so I should be getting something if it's operational...? I'll keep scanning...

Last edited:

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber
Decided to poke around in SDR# before heading to the SDS100. I've pulled up all of the frequencies listed under the new license, but haven't found anything on any of them yet, except for 155.640. But as you said, it's only an occasional transmission. I need to figure out how to decode Phase 2 systems (I'm assuming that's what this is) with DSD+ to get any further along, anyway.

I'm only about 2.5 miles from the tower in the Town of Louisa (using a roof-mounted scanner antenna), so I should be getting something if it's operational...? I'll keep scanning...

I'm about 7 miles from the Zions site. On the Fluvanna/Goochland border. I am getting nothing so far on anything other than 155.640 and the signal is weak on that.

I'm just hoping that they don't go encrypted like Fluvanna and Goochland both did.

alpharaysmax

I found Another Callsign tower sites seem to be the same for the schools

161.085 is coming up as P25 (Phase 1) (NAC 8A2) in DSD+ and on the SDS100 (direct freq entry).

160.965 is also broadcasting something continuously but DSD+ is unable to decode anything.

Unfortunately the SDS100 is brand new to me and I'm not sure how to properly program an unknown system into it. Gave it a shot but it doesn't even come up as an option to scan in my favorites lists, so clearly I messed up something. :confused:

alpharaysmax

I think you found the CC, I am not familiar with an SDS100 either so I cant help you .

Awesome, that seems to be the ticket then. I've only got one RTL-SDR dongle so it might be missing some transmissions as it jumps from CC to voice and back, but I've got it scanning now and am getting voice transmissions. Sounds like radio checks! Unfortunately, the receive strength is somewhat low and the transmissions are choppy and hard to understand.

Control channel is definitely 161.085. NAC 8A2. So far I'm seeing all activity on Talkgroup 5142, with the only voice channel used so far on 155.640.

dtscho

Database Admin
Database updated with Louisa system info - they've joined Fluvanna's system:

Radio IDs on testing talkgroups in format 460xxxx.

8A2 is the Louisa site NAC. We don't have a site NAC for Fluvanna - if someone could monitor Fluvanna's control channel and obtain, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

alpharaysmax

8A2 is the Louisa site NAC. We don't have a site NAC for Fluvanna - if someone could monitor Fluvanna's control channel and obtain, that would be appreciated.

When I plug in Fluvanna's primary CC (151.0625), I get 8A1 for the NAC. Is that what you're looking for? (Sorry, I've been away from this hobby for a few years and am rusty!)

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Ooooh starting coverage testing the next three weeks according to the Facebook page for the county

alpharaysmax

Got this loaded into the SDS100 and drove into town for better reception to test it out.

TG 5144 is currently Fire/EMS Dispatch (can hear Dispatch and units responding)
TG 5143 is currently radio site testing
TG 5142 was also radio site testing when I was scanning earlier using my RTL setup.

Last edited:

dtscho

Database Admin
161.085 is coming up as P25 (Phase 1) (NAC 8A2) in DSD+ and on the SDS100 (direct freq entry).

160.965 is also broadcasting something continuously but DSD+ is unable to decode anything.

Unfortunately the SDS100 is brand new to me and I'm not sure how to properly program an unknown system into it. Gave it a shot but it doesn't even come up as an option to scan in my favorites lists, so clearly I messed up something. :confused:

If you'd like to try to set up the SDS100 with the new P25 system, see this guide:

The database update for the Uniden scanners should be available Monday, if it's like it was in the past. So manually entering the system yourself gets you a few days of listening.

Dave

alpharaysmax

Talkgroup 5149 popped up on the Louisa system today in my logs. Hadn't seen this one before. The call was brief and encrypted.

FWIW, the only real activity I've seen on the system so far, since the radio testing was active, has been on 5144 - Fire/EMS Dispatch (sounds mostly like the analogue system being patched into the TRS).

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber
I have heard some testing on the system this morning. Sadly, the new trunked system is very weak at my house where as the analog system came in clear.

I am picking up a talkgroup ID 5000 that is all encrypted. Looks like Sheriff 1 most likely and will be fully encrypted. Sigh...

DirtKicker44

Premium Subscriber
System went live at 0700 this morning. As usual there are tweaks and adjustments that need to be made. The law enforcement channels are encrypted in the name of "responder safety", the fire rescue channels are not. I expect the system to be continually worked on over the next few weeks, as is standard for a new system.

CurtisPayne145

Premium Subscriber
this really is stupid because LCSO prides themselves with being "transparent" but wanna lock us out of their radio communications? what if there's a shooting and the deputies know the description of the car and suspect and tag on the vehicle and puts it out OTA, the citizens in the area can BOLO for it and help if necessary, this is a real stupid move and i really don't care for Sheriff Lowe anymore, i still got love for the Sheriff's Office but they didn't need to encrypt, maybe their tac channels is fine with me but dispatch is stupid to encrypt!

Status
Not open for further replies.