Low band skip scanner recommendations

marvinsuggs

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to spend a lot of money for one. I've been running an old BCD996XT for years and you can see from my posts how it performs. It's coverage is to 25 MHz. I'm running Butel ARC software and it saves the audio files and tags them with frequency, squelch, date and time.

You post some nice logs and it would be good if you could log the squelch tones/codes also. That would certainly help you identify who you are hearing.
Is it the ARC XT Software?

marvinsuggs

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker? SWL? Oh lord. :rolleyes:

The 996XT is an OK scanner, but it is getting long in the tooth. However for your situation, it'll suit you well. And ARC-XT will log what you need just fine, but I've had it crash my machine before. Proscan is another great option I've used, and is reliable. One note if using ARC-XT, make sure you tick on the "log subaudible tones" check box! It comes default off.
Thank u

marvinsuggs

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to spend a lot of money for one. I've been running an old BCD996XT for years and you can see from my posts how it performs. It's coverage is to 25 MHz. I'm running Butel ARC software and it saves the audio files and tags them with frequency, squelch, date and time.

You post some nice logs and it would be good if you could log the squelch tones/codes also. That would certainly help you identify who you are hearing.
What cable do I need to connect the BCD996XT to my computer?

freqs

I have 2 that are just awesome with skip .
My Pro2006 and the Uniden 350A on a Discone 25ft .
The Uniden I have got great results with a Tiger Fiberglass Scanner Antenna on my truck for Low band .
Same results with it when I mounted it on a Flood Light Pole on the Garage .
Both great on Low Band and 150.000 - 160.000 area as well .
now that's only Analog . I did pick up some on my 436 but week but did well on 150.000160.000 range digital skip from a few hundred miles away .