• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Lpe200 - dsp err: Err-0856

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hey Guys!

Hope all is well! I have a quick question for you all. I bought a lot of LPE200 radios off eBay - they were listed as scrap so I did not have high expectations. Anyhow long story short out of 6 of them 4 of them work PERFECT!!! One does not power and the other displays the following on power up:

DSP ERR
ERR-0856

The radio receives fine but does not pass any audio - I know this is a radio problem and not the housing as I tried it in a couple known to be working housings and got the same result.

Any advice?

The error code is the radio saying it couldn't download code to the DSP. There's a couple of reasons this might be happening - the DSP module itself is bad (swap it with one of the others and see if the error goes away) or the DSP code file is wrong for the DSP. LPE radios started life fitted with a C50 DSP, but the later ones came with C56 modules. The C56 ones can do ProVoice - C50 is (I think) only Aegis.

Best of luck - sounds like you got a bargain :)

VE3RADIO

The error code is the radio saying it couldn't download code to the DSP. There's a couple of reasons this might be happening - the DSP module itself is bad (swap it with one of the others and see if the error goes away) or the DSP code file is wrong for the DSP. LPE radios started life fitted with a C50 DSP, but the later ones came with C56 modules. The C56 ones can do ProVoice - C50 is (I think) only Aegis.

They are 1 MB boards and are full AEGIS compatible (opt 12) - I assume the DSP board is the snap on board that is near the bottom of the radio - I did try swapping this but got the same error - the board worked in another radio. If I had to guess it would be firware or software code.. how can correct this? Can I clone a good one?

Thanks in advance!

mitaux8030

Silent Key
Try reloading the (correct) DSP file using programmer.
You're correct in assuming the daughter board is the DSP module. Figure out what DSP it is (C50 or C56) and then source the latest matching DSP file... DSP files with k1 are C50, while files with i4 are for C56 modules.

If that doesn't work, try a recovery procedure. You'll need good copies of the appropriate flash & DSP files, and save the tracking data & feature data. Then note down the feature encryption string & tracking data by hand, just to be safe. Radiomaint is where a recovery is performed.

If that doesn't work, it would indicate there is a problem loading the DSP software into the DSP module... and since you've already proved the DSP module is OK, it may mean the data bus or some other hardware level failure has occurred.

MONOGRAM_TRUNKING

Premium Subscriber

Ihad the same problem one time. I read a good lpe and then cloned the radio with the error and it worked fine.

a long shot but it did the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.