• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LPE200 Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yancarfan

If anyone has done a recovery on their LPE200, please let me know. I am doing it, and I have not been successful. I am following all the instructions, but the radio is still coming up with error codes.

Ian

WCRadioGuy

You will need the tracking data. This will consist of a .trk file and a .enc file. To properly restore the radio, these files need to be re-installed in the radio for proper tracking and feature data. You will also need the radio code and dsp code if applicable. The tracking and encryption data files are usually auto stored on your hard drive in the ProGrammer software folder called backup. You will need to read the radio info using Radio Maintenance and get the ESN. The ESN will correspond to the data stored in the backup folder.

Perform a radio recovery and when it asks for tracking data, point to the backup folder and look for the ESN.trk file and then do the same for FEATURE.enc. When prompted, load the radio code and DSP code. When recovery is complete, program the personality in the radio prior to cycling power.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Interesting! About eight years ago I HAD a LPE-200, 255tgs. The first System will only allow me 16-grps but sys-2, 3, etc & up I had no problem loading additional per system. Tried changing the arrangements size of agency/fleet but no luck, then did a recovery the wrong way and ended up only having a 16ch radio (not 255). If only I known about this site earlier. Thats my two cents story.

cozi

Make sure you have a backup of the feature encryption if you are going to erase the eeprom during the recovery procedure!
What are the errors that are showing up?? eg: "dsp 586"," persdata 501"
A recovery will only fix software problems, not hardware issues.
What Rev Falsh and DSP files are you using?
Are you sure you are using the correct DSP rev?? As a C56 code in a radio with a C50 processor and vice versa will not work!
Can you list the error/s that show up?

Also make sure the flash and dsp files are original and NOT read from another radio, as this can introduce a heap of other problems!

Sorry for all the questions!
Just want to help you sort out your radio!

Cheers
Cozi

10-95

Check you PM for information on how to get a new feature string.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.