LTR Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I need opinions on the best scanner for LTR monitoring. It would be nice to be able to map a system if need be but not a necessity. I am using an old PRO-92 which is on it's last leg. Uniden or GRE what does everything think??..

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This may give you some ideas on how and differences in models: Mapping an LTR System - The RadioReference Wiki The newest Uniden(HP-1) has an LCN finder function. No experience with this or if it is really easier.

Just so no confusion takes place: The LCN Finder is part of the HP-1's Extreme Upgrade Feature Set.
As long as you have all of the system frequencies the HP-1 LCN Finder will map out the frequency to LCN # for you. :)

Or if you have a Uniden BCD396XT or BCD996XT you can use Eric Carlson's LTRLogger Windows Based Program to help you map out the Freq->LCN order.

Marshall KE4ZNR

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I have a GRE 300 that lets you put in the frequencies for the LTR system in any order and just by watching the display when there is modulation you can figure out the system. You can all so use some software to do the monitoring for ya. I bought the scanner used on ebay just for this feature. I also believe the Pro 164 which is Radio Shacks version of the GRE 300 will do the same thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Mapping LTR systems is all I use my GRE for. Kind of crazy, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.