BCD436HP/BCD536HP: LTR Systems Not Working on BCD536HP

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
I tried putting LTR systems off of Sentinel, and when I activate on the scanner I get the message "Scan Mode. Nothing to Scan".

Any ideas?

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I tried putting LTR systems off of Sentinel, and when I activate on the scanner I get the message "Scan Mode. Nothing to Scan".

Any ideas?

First, depending on where you are, the LTR systems may no longer be active at all.

In my area, St Louis, we still have a mix to choose from.

I would recommend listening to the frequency in either tune mode, or as a conventional channel. If you hear the IDLE BURSTS or traffic, that has no tone (CSQ), then it is probably active

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Care to provide the database links to said systems? Make sure the service types in the "Tag" column are turned on and you have at least one talkgroup programmed in or ID Search enabled. If the system is inactive it'll still scan but you won't hear any traffic.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

Any ideas?
Go through the "Nothing to Scan" checklist, looking for items that might not be entered, or were entered incorrectly.

In the 536HP, make sure that the Service Types for the listed talkgroups (if there are any in the database) are enabled in your profile. Running the system in ID Search mode would get any active talkgroups, regardless of service types.

If the system is in the database, did you import the system from the database, using software such as ProScan, or did you enter everything manually? If entered manually, are you using Location Control for the Favorites list that includes the system(s) in question? If using Location Control, but you entered the system manually, the absence of location details (presuming that you did not manually enter them) would result in the scanner as treating the system as out of range. Blank location details for the site & range result in the scanner treating the system as being at latitude & longitude 0-0. That would be off the coast of Africa, & obviously out of range. Make sure that your own location is in place in your Profile, and that a valid range has been set. (Appending the system, to a Favorites list, using Sentinel, would populate the location & range details from the system to match the database entries.)

First, depending on where you are, the LTR systems may no longer be active at all.
That would not generate a "nothing to scan" warning. However, just about all of the LTR systems (in the database), that I've looked at in the DFW Metro area are no longer active. The system may no longer be in service, or at least not as LTR. The majority of the LTR systems that might be of interest to me have migrated to using DMR, instead of LTR. Unless someone has discovered the changes, and submitted the corrected details to the database, the system may be, incorrectly, still tagged as LTR. If they are now DMR, you would need the DMR upgrade for your 536HP to be able to monitor them.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Other than not having the proper service types enabled, the most common cause of Nothing to Scan is not turning on both Download and Monitor for the favorites lists when you Write to Scanner. Download sends the file to the scanner. Monitor enables it to scan. If the favorites list has a quick key, is it enabled?

tvengr

Well Known Member

Any ideas?
Please attach your favorites list so we can take a look at it to check for errors. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.