• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M/A-Com P7100 Enhanced Vehicular Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4601

Looking for where to purchase an Enhanced Vehicular Charger. Also, I had heard that a remote head could be attached. Is this true? Is it the same head as the M7100 remote mount? Where could one be purchased?

Thanks in advance,
Colby

The enhanced charger can indeed have a control head attached - you'll need to set the DIP switches on it so that the radio can know what type of charger it is in. There are (AFAIK) three possibles - charger, charger with inverted display (that doesn't work on the P7100 as it can't invert the display) and charger with control head.

You can get them from New London: it'll cost you about $125

https://www.newlondontechnology.com/ss/index.php?productID=346113530

The P7100 and 700P charger sleeves are the same.

Hope that helps,
Enid.

colby4601

Thanks a lot for the link! I'm kind of new with the whole M/A-Com or whatever their name is today radios, so please excuse the question, but what is a DIP switch?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks a lot for the link! I'm kind of new with the whole M/A-Com or whatever their name is today radios, so please excuse the question, but what is a DIP switch?

Double Inline Package.

two rows of pins with switches between the pins.

one of the pictures is the schematic, the other is an example of one.

hope this helps

K

Attachments

• dip2.gif
    dip2.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 2,443
  • fsb-switches.jpg
    fsb-switches.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,963

k9gunner

Is there a picture of that anywhere, or more info I can read up on them? We have been looking for those, but were looking under the name convertacom.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Make sure that when if/when you buy one, it is the flavor that you want. One has the remote head/speaker option and the other one is just a charger for your car.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Make sure that when if/when you buy one, it is the flavor that you want. One has the remote head/speaker option and the other one is just a charger for your car.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Actually they are all the same - the difference is configured using the DIP switches (which was what I was unsuccessfully trying to say in the earlier post)

There's a 25 way D connector on the back that connects to a control head and speaker, as well as the RF connector for the antenna, and the microphone connector. To connect to a control head you need the 19B802554P20 cable and you need to set switch 4&5 to OFF, switch 6 to ON. If you're using P7100, then you have to set switch 8 to OFF.

Beware - the older chargers will only work with NiCd batteries - the NiMH batteries won't work.

Hope this helps some.
Enid

k9gunner

The enhanced charger can indeed have a control head attached - you'll need to set the DIP switches on it so that the radio can know what type of charger it is in. There are (AFAIK) three possibles - charger, charger with inverted display (that doesn't work on the P7100 as it can't invert the display) and charger with control head.

You can get them from New London: it'll cost you about $125

https://www.newlondontechnology.com/ss/index.php?productID=346113530

The P7100 and 700P charger sleeves are the same.

Hope that helps,
Enid.
Does that item include the remote head, or just the charger? They dont have pictures for most of their items.

colby4601

Does that item include the remote head, or just the charger? They dont have pictures for most of their items.

I contacted them and they said it's only the charger. The mic and speaker add $75 onto the price alone (still not included). I'm not sure how much more the head would cost.

otter9309

They are NOT all the same. Not all of the EVC's have the DB25 on the rear. Without the connector, you will not be able to have a remote head.

Status
Not open for further replies.