• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M/A Com Panther 405p HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenorsheila

i am neading help programing 5 radios i purchased off of ebay they are M/A Com Panther 405p and i cant seem to find a cheep programing cable or anyone around that can program thees radios i have done some research and found that the firmware in the radio and the design of the radio is the same as the Tait Orca 5010 in-fact they are 100% compatible, however no body around can program them ether so im stuck, im looking for a cheep cable as i only need it for 5 little radios, then i should never again need it so i dont want to pay more for the cable then i did the radios, the exact radios i have are here Lot (5) M/A-COM ERICSSON GE PANTHER 405P UHF RADIO 16C - eBay (item 120517613402 end time Jan-18-10 09:22:42 PST) so if anyone can help PLEASE DO !!!!!!!!!! thank you for your time and quick response

jparks29

John McClane
They are indeed the same..

Good deal!

The software I have, although it is the Tait software.. It will allow you to program the radios however it will not let you program G*star....

The programming cable is straight through serial... Way back when I had them I taped wires to the connector, it just works..

OrcaSeriesHandheldProgrammingSchema.jpg

allenorsheila

They are indeed the same..

Good deal!

The software I have, although it is the Tait software.. It will allow you to program the radios however it will not let you program G*star....

The programming cable is straight through serial... Way back when I had them I taped wires to the connector, it just works..

OrcaSeriesHandheldProgrammingSchema.jpg

could you email me the the stuf you just sed you have from tait or where to get ????
also what version of the software is it. i had a guy give me a copy of Programer that would do the M/A Com radis but it ses it does panther 300p and panther 500p but dosent menchen panther 405p so im at a loss at what software to use, all i want to do is view the frequencys that are programed into the radio and maybe add a fue and make shur that the radio is working at full power not 1 or 2.5 watt i want them to run at full 4 or 5 watts......OH and maybe change what the shortcut buttons do
allenandsheilaberry@wildblue.net

Thanks again for your time and quick response

Allne

You might not want to advertise that you have pirated software on an open forum read by (among others) the authors of that software. Generally those folks take something of a dim view of this, and when you leave them an easy way to trace you, such as your E-mail address, you do leave yourself open to at the very least, a rather nasty cease-and-desist communication.

But fortunately you only borrowed the copy from your friend to determine if it would work on your radios, and when you found that it wouldn't you deleted it, right?

Good. Thought so. :)

jparks29

John McClane
You might not want to advertise that you have pirated software on an open forum read by (among others) the authors of that software. Generally those folks take something of a dim view of this, and when you leave them an easy way to trace you, such as your E-mail address, you do leave yourself open to at the very least, a rather nasty cease-and-desist communication.

But fortunately you only borrowed the copy from your friend to determine if it would work on your radios, and when you found that it wouldn't you deleted it, right?

Good. Thought so. :)

It was provided to me FREE OF CHARGE. BY TAIT..... It was not pirated.. It just so happens to work with the Panther series since they're practically identical, just a small software difference, which is why the tait software WILL NOT program G*Star, as there is no selection for it in the Tait software.

EDIT: A lot of companies give their programming software away with their radios, and charge for the programming cable, Tait is one of those companies (or at least was years ago when they emailed me the link to download the software off of their website)

EMail TAIT and ask for the Orca programming software, they will email it to you or provide a link to download it..

Last edited:
It was provided to me FREE OF CHARGE. BY TAIT..... It was not pirated.. It just so happens to work with the Panther series since they're practically identical, just a small software difference, which is why the tait software WILL NOT program G*Star, as there is no selection for it in the Tait software.

EDIT: A lot of companies give their programming software away with their radios, and charge for the programming cable, Tait is one of those companies (or at least was years ago when they emailed me the link to download the software off of their website)

EMail TAIT and ask for the Orca programming software, they will email it to you or provide a link to download it..

This is really good information, and very helpful - thank you. Actually I was referring to this line from the post before yours:

i had a guy give me a copy of Programer that would do the M/A Com radis but it ses it does panther 300p and panther 500p but dosent menchen panther 405p so im at a loss at what software to use

M/A Com most certainly DO charge for their programming software, and like Moto they aggressively prosecute pirates, and more worrying for those of us that like and use this web site they and Moto both have often sought to close down web sites that were used to trade and exchange their software.

I should perhaps have made that a bit clearer - sorry about that. :)

radio_rob_nj

It's my job to listen
Premium Subscriber
Ma/Com Panther help

A friend has a Panther he needs programmed. I have an interface box for GE radios and a Moto RIB. I have used my GE box for many other radios radios besides GE's, but I don't know if Ma/Com radios utilizes a box or not, and either way, I need the pinout for the cable. I don't have the radio in hand yet, so if more information is needed to get what I'm looking for, ask and I'll get if from my friend.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.