• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MA/COMM Jaguar question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozilla

M/A COm 900 MHZ Jaguar

Not sure if they offered it in 900MHZ on paper, but I have seen some that where provided to a power company to test and also some are floating around that where evaluation radios. The one I have actually held was a Jaguar 900 but had an LPE build in it.. Thats what came up on the screen ....

WCRadioGuy

The Jaguar was only offered in 800MHz. Same with the P7100 which is the replacement for the Jaguar 700P. There was never a Jaguar 900 with or without LPE but there was a 900MHz LPE.

Mozilla

JAGUAR

To place in the program mode its the same as the LPE.. hold buttons on side of radio and then turn on. You should get a display with all boxes filled in squares... WCRadioguy is correct in that the Jaguar was only offered publicly in 800MHZ... however there are some in 900MHZ floating around.. I looked at it today... also in VHF and UHF.. one of the techs has one.. Comnet at the time they where building these apparently did a some development and test bed stuff. This is a Jaguar that comes up with 900RF board an LPE revision and features... Also does ham 900
Also the new radio is available (the 7100) in VHF UHF and 800... See the link below and now offered with Project 25 CAI capability in Convetional mode... yeah another alternative

http://www.macom-wireless.com/products/p25/prodDetail.asp?id=19

jcs162

Actually they apparentally did make some Jag portables in 900 MHz since I am looking at one at the moment. Got it in a box of used stuff the other day and no idea what to do with it now. It has a "ComNet/Ericsson" label on it and reads as a "K" series Jaguar portable with a 900 MHz bandsplit. It has no model label and no other identifiers on it anywhere. The version of programmer I have will read the codeplug but will not write back to it - "bandsplit not supported." It has a bunch of test systems in it in analogue, AEGIS, provoice, and DES, in both conventional and EDACS. So they may not have made any that were supposed to get out to the public, but they did make some.

WCRadioGuy

Never said they didn't make it, just said they didn't offer it. It was not cost productive due to the lack of 900 systems out there.

jcs162

And I stand corrected, version 11 of Programmer will not program a 900 Jaguar, Version 9 however will. So this one is now loaded with LCRA sites waiting on my next trip to Austin, at least will give me something to listen to on the road.

Aux9011

Premium Subscriber
Jaguar

Does anyone know if the jaguar was ever recalled for audio problems and if it was is there any documentation stating so. Thanks

okccsi

Did you buy the one on eBay that was being resold? Someone had bought one that clearly said "audio problems" then 1 month later, was reselling it stating it was in perfect condition and that it was a different radio. Radio had the same scuff marks on it though.

I just hope you didn't get taken on a deaql like that.

OKC CSI

SCPD

QRT
The Jaguar 700P was produced in 800MHz ONLY
900MHz Jaguars were Special order ONLY

P7100IP are being produced in VHF, UHF,& 800MHz
900MHz P7100IP is a Special order item ONLY.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
"Audio problems"... :D

Frankly, ALL Jaguars have "audio problems" in the sense that their audio quality is NEVER particulary good. Some are flat out awful sounding.

You CAN improve the audio quality somewhat by carefully removing the speaker from the front housing, applying an X of electrical tape to the front of the speaker, and then reinstalling it. This tames that nasty shrill tone to a respectable extent. Makes it sound almost usable.

One thing that exists in some Jaguar firmware revisions is an FCC menu option with an EQ selection. By default, if this option is in the radio, it's turned on. It puts a DEEP notch into the radio's audio output at 1 KHz. This notch is so severe that 1 KHz alert tones are almost totally inaudible. I don't have a high opinion of "crutch engineering" like this.

Heaven forbid that they could have switched to a newer version of the speaker...one that didn't suck quite so bad.

But the newest radios (most 7100s) do have better audio. It's still not great, but it's better.

The best sounding audio out of any portable radios ever made would be a three-way tie between the original Saber I, the GE M-PD scan or select model, and the Astro Saber. All are excellent. In my opinion.

Elroy

FLRadioguy

jaguar program error

Have several Jaguar 700P RU101219 I just got. I have one that is being stubborn on the programmer. I keep getting the error "can not initialize radio. etc". I am having no issues programming the others. I have version R18B which is same version the company I got them from programmed them with. I have taken it back and they are able to access the radio with no problems on their equipement. Any ideas?

Yes, I am putting the radio in programming mode (all black boxes) and when programmer tries to download, it changes the display to "program self test" and that's it.

JungleJim

With that version of flash you have to use the rib box and cable with the external +12 volt supply plugged into the remote. Ribless cables will not work as the early flash codes did not switch on the Switched Battery contact on the UDC connector.

If you can get a flash code of J2R08A05 or higher and load it in the ribless cables work fine.

FLRadioguy

That was it. Works fine now. Thanks!

JungleJim said:
With that version of flash you have to use the rib box and cable with the external +12 volt supply plugged into the remote. Ribless cables will not work as the early flash codes did not switch on the Switched Battery contact on the UDC connector.

If you can get a flash code of J2R08A05 or higher and load it in the ribless cables work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.