Mac Software for broadcasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grammrsnob

I want to broadcast a local PD, but am seeing only PC or Linux software help to load up to broadcastify. The FAQs from broadcastify seem archaic especially since the info suggests Radio Shack as a source for accessories. What Mac Software can do the job needed?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved to Streaming /Broadcasting/Audio Recording. Broadcastify Admin is for Admin issues which this is not.
Nicecast is what I used to use.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I'm curious about this as well. What are other Mac users using?

I'm still broadcasting with Nicecast because I still have High Sierra as my OS. But due to unfortunate circumstances I may be updating to Catalina very soon (maybe as soon as this weekend). Nicecast says it will no longer work with versions above High Sierra. They replaced it with Audio Hijack which appears to be a paid software rather than free like Nicecast. I'm not opposed to paying but if there are free options that work I'd much prefer that. I may mess around with darkice this weekend to see how that does and saw mention of BUTT as an option? Any others that other Mac streamers are using that I can also look into before going over to trying Audio Hijack?

Status
Not open for further replies.