Macomb county.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Hello, wondering if anyone knows if Macomb county will be going to APCO 25 PHASE 2 any time soon? Thinking of getting a new scanner and wondering if I should invest in phase 2 or just get a phase 1.
Thank you.
Chuck.

opps2016

Hello, wondering if anyone knows if Macomb county will be going to APCO 25 PHASE 2 any time soon? Thinking of getting a new scanner and wondering if I should invest in phase 2 or just get a phase 1.
Thank you.
Chuck.

There MPSCS, so not anytime soon.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I would get a phase 2 capable scanner. The 996P2 is cheaper than the 996XT on Amazon. The 325 P2 is only $30 more than the 396XT.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There MPSCS, so not anytime soon.

Being MPSCS (Michigan Public Safety Communications System), does not mean they won't upgrade to Phase 2. They're currently using a Motorola APCO -25 (Project 25) Phase 1 system in most of Michigan at this time. However...

You should seriously consider a P25 Phase 2 capable scanner if you live in Michigan.

MPSCS - Lifecycle Remediation Project

MPSCS - MPSCS Lifecycle Remediation Project Schedule

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mpscs/System_Map_MW_499251_7.pdf

freqs

IMONITOR I as well live in Macomb co .I have the BCD436 love it for MPSCS simulcast issue .Looking to upgrade a base unit now which one do you think works well with that as well as the 436.as well as DMR mode. 1 more question what is your scanner line upin your shack

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
IMONITOR I as well live in Macomb co .I have the BCD436 love it for MPSCS simulcast issue .Looking to upgrade a base unit now which one do you think works well with that as well as the 436.as well as DMR mode

All of the current generation Uniden, and Whistler scanners, are working much, much better with Macomb's simulcast system! I've tried the Whistler hand-helds, and base/mobile scanners, as well as Uniden's.

In my old age, I leaned out the radios in the last few years, and currently my one, and only scanner is a Uniden BCD996P2. I live near 26 Mile Rd, and Romeo Plank Rd, so I have several tower sites nearby, and it used to cause serious problems. But all the new scanners do a great job sorting it all out, and communications are loud, and clear, with natural sounding voices, no more Donald-Duck syndrome.

I chose the BCD996P2 to get away from the problems the BCD436/536 had with the delicate SD memory cards, and corruption, and failure. However, they do have their advantages, over the 996P2, due to it's limitation to internal memory. But for my needs, that is not an issue. I think the build quality overall is more substantial. I also prefer the available software, both ARC-XT, and ProScan, for the 996P2. I haven't had an opportunity to test the DMR, and Provoice upgrades to the firmware. I think the only DMR in my area at this time is some ham radio, and I'm not aware of any ProVoice in my area.

It's my understanding, North Macomb will be putting up additional towers in the not so distant future, so it remains to be seen, how that will affect things.

All I'm using in my home office, for an antenna, is a RS-800 rubber ducky antenna, on the back of the radio. With simulcast systems, sometimes, less is better!

opps2016

MPSCS Will not be going to phase 2 anytime soon!! The best thing out there to decode simulcast outside a Motorola Radio is a Unication Pager. Just understand that's all you'll be able to listen to. A couple draw backs not as user friendly as a scanner and a bit pricey.

Lifecycle remediation will give the capability to move to phase 2, but that's as close as it gets....

Being MPSCS (Michigan Public Safety Communications System), does not
mean they won't upgrade to Phase 2. They're currently using a Motorola APCO -25 (Project 25) Phase 1 system in most of Michigan at this time. However...

You should seriously consider a P25 Phase 2 capable scanner if you live in Michigan.

MPSCS - Lifecycle Remediation Project

MPSCS - MPSCS Lifecycle Remediation Project Schedule

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mpscs/System_Map_MW_499251_7.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.