Magic Stick TV / PVC Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC1

The metal from the gutter (and strap) is most definitely screwing with reception and affecting that antenna.

The antenna should be 2 feet away from ANY metal objects - but I know you can't do that.
You might need to extend it directly out and away from the building at least a foot (with maybe some wood or plastic rod), or even hang it upside-down somewhere away from metal objects.

Joseph11

WHAT is that attached at the end of the cable? 73, n9zas

A weather boot (included) to keep water out of the connectors.

The metal from the gutter (and strap) is most definitely screwing with reception and affecting that antenna.

The antenna should be 2 feet away from ANY metal objects - but I know you can't do that.
You might need to extend it directly out and away from the building at least a foot (with maybe some wood or plastic rod), or even hang it upside-down somewhere away from metal objects.

I agree, but my landlord pretty much wouldn't allow anything else better. I wanted to get something all the way on the roof, but it's not a possibility.

Isn't that the low-profile, ultra discreet, amplified, Magic Stick PVC Antenna? Whatever it is it would benefit from being a few feet higher and clamped to the gutter... up away from the side of the house. And is that aluminum siding?

Yes, it is (minus the amplified part)! I talked with my landlord about a few different mounting ideas and this was the best we came up with. Performance leaves a bit to be desired, but for the time being, it works. :)

When I move to somewhere more permanent, I'll have a much better setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.