Major Flood in Seaford

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinetree

There is major flooding in the Seaford area. Bridges and roads are washed out.
There is a report that train tracks are also washed out. Loftland Life care is being evacuated.
10 ambulances have been requested. Ops are on fire 4 with EMS ops on mutual aid 1. Command post set up at Seaford Fire House Sta 87. Reports of 7 + inches of rain in 6 hour period.

News link with video can be found at

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5075485

WBOC chopper giving updates on 161.700

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Rgr that Dave just got back from beach myself and was listening in on the action
down there on Del/Sussex TRS 800 system.
They also mentioned many evacuees and some residents refusal to leave even though they told them there would be no water,power or sewer.
Actually along the coast turned out to be a beautiful day but there was some really heavy rain overnite into am.
Lots of closed roads mentioned around rte 20 and rte 13 area.

Mark

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
I drove back from Montgomery County MD today around 1:30 and drove thru a hell of a storm system.
I had someone in DE keeping me updated on the storm in DE. I came back Route 50 instead of 404.
I listened to the scanner of the fire opps in DE. Some good listening.
I live in Selbyville where there has not been any rain all day. A bright sunny day. Unbelievable day for weather as well as scanner listening.

KB3JUV

Yes, quite a mess just came back from Seaford a few hours ago. The water has started to go down finally.

I spent quite a bit of time today relaying messages to the NWS from amateur SKYWARN spotters in the area in regards to flood levels. Quite a bit of areas were washed out and US 404 was closed for a good time today.

Justin

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
Quote of useless and vulgar comment removed.

Real nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

mandlair

Hi Justin be glad you did. it was useless like Loumag said....anyway how have you been.Mike KB3LZZ

KB3JUV

I've been pretty good, working for DEMA now. I'll have to get in contact with you about some emergency communication stuff you might be interested in.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.