Manatee County???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAC_STS

Tampabayscanner says--- Manatee County has rebanded!!!

Manatee County now a consolidated 800Mhz M/A-com EDACS system.

Then below that it lists the talk groups and group #'s.

Soes all this mean that without an offical radio you cannot listen to it? I miss the good old days when you could sit around on a boring day and listen to whats going on around town.

Is there any way?

How does tampabayscanner do it?

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
You can listen to if you have a scanner that will program the re-banded freqs, I use my Pro-96, PRO-433.
I was listening to it on my way to and from school tonight. If you need further help please ask.

Doug
Sarasota,FL

LAC_STS

You can listen to if you have a scanner that will program the re-banded freqs, I use my Pro-96, PRO-433.
I was listening to it on my way to and from school tonight. If you need further help please ask.

Doug
Sarasota,FL

I don't have a scanner yet but I really really want to get one ASAP. I tried googleing the ones that you mentioned, but I think thy are discontinued or something. I will look harder.

If I could I want one that is mobile or can be took in a car. Handheld would be great but I don't know if that's possible.

Would I have to have it programmed? If so, how hard would it be.

Will I be able to listen to the different "groups"?

Sorry for so many questions. I REALLY appreciate your help. It's SO great that your local.

I haven't had a scanner in ages. Last time I had one was about ten years ago. I used to love sitting at home on rainy days listening to the goings on around town.

sjlamb

Manatee re-banded more than a year ago. The information on that site is not the most up-to-date nor the most complete. Monitoring of Manatee continues unabated.

rmiller818

Since it is an EDACS system, any trunking scanner will do. Rebanded EDACS systems are no problem.

Here is a Link to the Radio Reference Wiki on analog trunking scanners.
Category:Analog Trunktrackers - The RadioReference Wiki

That is a list you can start with and it gives you details. Keep in mind that many are discontinued but you could still find them used on eBay and elsewhere.

Do you currently have a scanner?

LAC_STS

Since it is an EDACS system, any trunking scanner will do. Rebanded EDACS systems are no problem.

Here is a Link to the Radio Reference Wiki on analog trunking scanners.
Category:Analog Trunktrackers - The RadioReference Wiki

That is a list you can start with and it gives you details. Keep in mind that many are discontinued but you could still find them used on eBay and elsewhere.

Do you currently have a scanner?

Thanks!

No right now I don't have one. I am ready to buy one as soon as I find the right one. Will I have to have it programmed? And if so will I be able to do it or will I have to have some one else do it?

I would like to get a mobile or handheld one if I will be able to get good signal with it.

I am on my iPhone right now bit will look at the link you just sent me in a few.

sjlamb

Just as an FYI.... If you think your interest might also extend to neighboring Sarasota County, then you should consider a digital model. Without digital, you will be able to monitor Manatee but, much of the Sarasota sytem transmits in digital mode.

CanesFan95

Oops! LOL. Now there's a southwest airlines moment for ya. It's like, "Wanna get away?"

Status
Not open for further replies.