manually programing bcd 396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastside50

Premium Subscriber
I want to program some new frequencies and talk groups but they are part of a huge phase 1 network system that has 30 frequencies listed Only 3 are listed in red or primary control channels. Do I add multiple frequencies? Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Don't make the mistake of putting everything in one site. Uniden scanners work by locking onto the first control channel it sees. If you need them, program each site seperately...Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is what you need to program. System type is P25 Standard. Enter the 4 frequencies into the site. Pick out what you want from Cleveland Fire and Police. All of the alpha tags are 16 characters max and will fit in your display. You can download and install FreeSCAN for programming your scanner. It is a lot faster and easier and it is FREE.

Attachments

• Cleveland OH.pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Eastside50

Premium Subscriber
My good friend Dave Zimmerman RIP always programed this scanner, it just needs a few departments updated. I could not get freescan to update and I am not sure where the cable is anymore. I do have newer scanners that are easier to program myself, I am just playing with this scanner to keep myself busy with all of the idle time I have now. Thank you for the replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here's the link for FREEScan as @tvengr recommended. It's FREE and will allow you to upload his file to your scanner.
The PDF file is just a list of the frequency and talkgroup information you need to program the scanner manually. It is still far easier to enter that information using software. I am happy to provide you with any help you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.