Manually Programming DMR

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Re manually programming single frequency DMR channels.
Is there any advantage of adding the TGID's or UID's

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Re manually programming single frequency DMR channels.
Is there any advantage of adding the TGID's or UID's

Yes. If the system uses more than 1 talkgroup, you can program each one with the proper text tag. If your system uses the same talkgroup, but has each user/department assigned on each slot, you can also program with the proper text tag. User ID's/Radio ID's programming can be very advantageous in identifying different departments. Each department might use a block of radio ID's... Security, Maintenance etc.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
On a channel that has several talk groups with multiple users.
Using Proscan, how can you assign the users to their particular talk groups ?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You'll have to listen to figure it out. Set up a System, Site, Department, Channel...from there you can assign the talkgroup.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You cannot specify talkgroups & slots when programming as a conventional channel.

Instead, simply create a One Frequency Trunked system. The single frequency is used as the site. You also create a Department to contain your various talkgroups. You are not required to specify a slot, but there are a few systems that I've seen where the same TGID is used for two different uses, such as Slot 1 for the PD, and Slot 2 for the FD.

If it is system where you know there are several talkgroups involved, as 'shades has noted, you will need to listen to determine which TGID is used for what purpose. Using logging in ProScan can help clarify how many different users are active.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You cannot specify talkgroups & slots when programming as a conventional channel.

Instead, simply create a One Frequency Trunked system. The single frequency is used as the site. You also create a Department to contain your various talkgroups. You are not required to specify a slot, but there are a few systems that I've seen where the same TGID is used for two different uses, such as Slot 1 for the PD, and Slot 2 for the FD.

If it is system where you know there are several talkgroups involved, as 'shades has noted, you will need to listen to determine which TGID is used for what purpose. Using logging in ProScan can help clarify how many different users are active.
Once it's set up, you can also run it in ID Search to look for any activity.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Just to clarify, this frequency is programed as DMR One Frequency and I are monitoring history logging in Proscan.
So I can see the 4 talk groups in this case and the various users of each group.

My question in post #3 refers to, how to assign those users to their particular talk group in the programing.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Just to clarify, this frequency is programed as DMR One Frequency and I are monitoring history logging in Proscan.
So I can see the 4 talk groups in this case and the various users of each group.

My question in post #3 refers to, how to assign those users to their particular talk group in the programing.

UID's/Radio ID's can't be assigned to a specific talkgroup. If they are all part of the same System, you can text tag them there, if that's what your asking?