MARCS TG question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am new to digital scanning and especially MARCS. I have a BCD996XT and use FreeScan for programming.

I am trying to understand why the log shows the same TG ID for a number of posts/units/whatever but shows a different individual TG number in the TG list.

For instance:

CANTON 2 and POST 18 log as TG 16704 but the TG scan list shows them as 16704 and 16608 and 17216.
POST 28 and POST 67 log as TG 16928 but the TG scan list shows them as 16928 and 16992.
POST 28 and POST 67 log as 16992 sometimes.
WARREN and POST 67 log as 17024....
TP EAST and TP WEST log as 17152 and sometimes 17168.....
and various others.

What I'm trying to understand is why two or more different entities with different TGs in the list show up logged under one same TG number.

Not that this make any difference, but is just something I've observed.

Is this a function of the MARCS system, the scanner, the programming or what???

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am new to digital scanning and especially MARCS. I have a BCD996XT and use FreeScan for programming.

I am trying to understand why the log shows the same TG ID for a number of posts/units/whatever but shows a different individual TG number in the TG list.
<snip>
What I'm trying to understand is why two or more different entities with different TGs in the list show up logged under one same TG number.

Is this a function of the MARCS system, the scanner, the programming or what???

Most of those talkgroups are patched to one another part or all of the time; when that is the case, the only talkgroup you the scannist will hear is the one which is active in your area, but you'll still hear all the traffic from both talkgroups.

SCPD

QRT
Ok :)

I have over 50 years experience in the two-way, avionics, marine, and military radio area, but Z-E-R-O in trunking. Still learing something every day.

Thanks

Swipesy

Ok :)

I have over 50 years experience in the two-way, avionics, marine, and military radio area, but Z-E-R-O in trunking. Still learing something every day.

Thanks

I have been listening to public service radio for 58 years starting when I was a small boy listening to my Dad, who was a fireman, on a single crystal simple receiver. Who would have ever thought back then what we have today. I am just glad at my age I can still stay on top of the hobby with the quickly changing scanner scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.