Marietta

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The City of Marietta reportedly went through an extensive Request for Proposal process that began in October 2007. The City's 800 MHz P25 Radio Selection Committee finally recommended the purchase of EFJohnson products in May 2008. According to company resources, the City worked closely with Radio One of Norcross, Georgia, a local EFJohnson dealer, to secure the sale. They will now work with them on the equipment installation as well.

Rich Tieslau, IT director for the City of Marietta, explained that these Project 25 compliant radios will provide them with two-way radio interoperability with the Georgia State Patrol, Cobb County Fire, Police and Sheriff's Departments and other public safety agencies in neighboring cities and counties, plus a couple of local university police departments.

http://tinyurl.com/6osg99

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Reguardless if it's on P25 or not, all someone had to do to communicate with another agency is switch to I-TAC (B98.5% of all TRS users have I-TAC in their radio's).

jrm5265

You know I think that most people dont understand I-Tac capabilities, also $900k doesnt really sound like enough money for Marietta. Is it portables only ? Theyve got a pretty good size Dept, our MaComs are running like $4k each maybe $900k would do it just seemed like a small number I guess maybe if its portables only etc it would cover it

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Interesting note about Marietta's conversion to P25 - I was at station 51 last week and new Engine 52 (KME) is parked there awaiting it's radio installation. They are not bothering to install an analog radio in it, rather waiting on the new EFJs to come in.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Well, it's not like Cobb who paid a couple grand for EACH radio, both officer & unit. As well as many spare radio's as well. As long as they work, Marietta just saved a lot of money on their radio's by switching to GEICO, er, ah, EFJohnson!

Status
Not open for further replies.