Matsu programming for import baofeng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chestypuller1970

Premium Subscriber
what zip code are you guys using to download the matsu frequencies from radio reference for importing them to your radios with chirp? 99645 isn't working, but the 99507 is working for Anchorage areas.

signed up for 180 days to not have to manually enter all them in my baofeng but cannot get them downloaded for the matsu area that im I .

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
What Baofeng model do you have?
What do you want to Monitor?

Public safety in your area is ALMR.
ALMR is P25.

Although I am not acquainted with the entire Baofeng line of radios,
I don't know of any P25 Baofengs.
The "digital" Baofengs are DMR, not P25.

A lot of ALMR traffic is Encrypted, which even if you have a P25 radio, you cannot hear transmissions without the appropriate system key.

There may be some businesses using analogue in your area, but I don't think monitoring WalMart, Pep Boys, or the local fast food drive thru is very interesting.

YMMV

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
While Anchorage is part of ALMR, they operate their own 700Mhz P25 encrypted system. Police and fire are encrypted. Aside from the fact that Baofengs don't cover that frequency range, you cannot monitor the Anchorage system with any scanner. Not sure about Matsu fire districts, but State Troopers are definitely encrypted. I'll be up there next week and may have time to check out the fire frequencies.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
matsu fire is analogue on 154.29, still. they have not moved over to the p25 system yet. so you should be able to hear them fine. and police are all ENC anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.