McConnell TRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Recently the database admin updated fed frequencies in KS:

Kansas Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

but I see no land-based freqs for McConnnell AFB, only the air freqs.

Could/would someone in Wichita do some checking of the fed bands and see if they some local comms. It may be in the 380-420 band, there are many AFBs on this system: United States Air Force (157) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
or they may have some ~163 MHz comms.
I'm a bit too far in Joplin, but when the band is up I 'd like to look for them if a local can scope out what they use.
Thanks

W

dgruver911

I don't know how old this is or if it is any good.
McConnell AFB & Aircraft Frequencies

I can't imagine a base that size not having a trunked system by now, or a city that size not having any federal stuff in the database.

They also might be on United States Air Force (3D6) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Motorola techs have been spending a LOT of time at McConnell over the past several months, and my understanding is they have been upgrading them to a VHF trunking system. I don't know the status of the project, but it may be a place to look. For all I know it could be MOTOTRBO or encrypted.

I_am_Alpha1

The website listed previously is accurate. Some have changed to p25 single frequency. The VHF trunking system is still in the works--it's overdue (was supposed to be a couple of weeks ago, then last week, now "to be determined"). The new VHF trunking system is supposed to use the current frequencies and the control system will be located in California (yea, that won't fail much). It may go encrypted as all the radios they bought have the capability.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Since this is going to be a VHF-High band TRS, I would do a search from 138-144; 148-150; and 162.600 - 174 MHz. They could show up in any of one these areas.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.