MDOC Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went on my third tour of the Macomb Corrections Facility with my class that is Legal Aspects of Corrections Management. I see that they carry HT1500 for while they are on grounds and use uhf/vhf frequencies, but when they leave grounds such as transport they go use the 800MHz radios etc...

freqs

As far as I know they are still on 158.9400 for in house radio use At least I still hear them on it .I hauled the trash compactor out of there for years and knew a few Guards pretty good that worked the Sally Port .We had to go thru back ground checks to go in and out with our trucks .They would make us give up our phones and 2way's while in side the grounds .The truck had to be shut down and keys in our pockets while hooking up the can and a Guard stood by our trucks until we left the yard and back out of the Sally Port .One of our driver's was held in the Sally Port for 6 hours they had a small Riot with one Prisoner was stabbed

kc8vlv

the mdoc is waiting for funds, according to my buddy, all of the mdoc faculities will be on several talk groups, until them there on the old system

the mdoc is waiting for funds, according to my buddy, all of the mdoc faculities will be on several talk groups, until them there on the old system

Yes I heard one of them talking about that. They are also planning on going to twelve hour shifts. Such as 4 on 3 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.