Megahertz Trbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Been listening to the BIG Megahertz system trying to ID some of this unidentified stuff. TG: 9501 is a private ambulance with a lot of traffic. Heard a unit check on this morning with the routine in service stuff then dispatch ordered them to remain in the Mineral Wells area. Logic of deduction ... Searched DuckDuck and came back with top 4 EMS providers for the area and got a potential hit .... AMR! Any way we can get someone from the west side of the metro to verify whether AMR is active in the area and if this could be them?

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Just got another hit, Patient transport from Plano to Sul-Springs. Same 9501 TG, It would be nice to ID this one if you guys and gals could monitor this a bit. Now getting dispatch clearing a unit from Medical City Dallas. I'm listening to the system via HOWE.

nd5y

When I left Mineral Wells in 2012 CareFlite Ground did all the non-emergency transfers and also filled in when MWFD was busy.
I don't know if that is still the case and I never found what system they were on.

jason51

9501 is Medic One EMS
They back up AMR , you will not hear much on AMR channels nationwide due to their cell phone system they use. AMR is not on the MHZ system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
9501 is Medic One EMS
They back up AMR , you will not hear much on AMR channels nationwide due to their cell phone system they use. AMR is not on the MHZ system.
Thanks for the info, Jason.

Just got another hit, Patient transport from Plano to Sul-Springs. Same 9501 TG, It would be nice to ID this one if you guys and gals could monitor this a bit. Now getting dispatch clearing a unit from Medical City Dallas. I'm listening to the system via HOWE.
Just curious, Texoma

Did they specifically say "Medical City Dallas"? Or just "Medical City"?

HCA, which owns that group of hospitals, renamed all of them to 'Medical City _________". What used to be "Medical Center of Plano" is now "Medical City Plano"; 'Las Colinas Medical Center' is now "medical City Las Colinas'. Their other hospitals in North Texas also were renamed.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
9501 is Medic One EMS
Assume you are saying they use a system like Logis. MedStar in Fort Worth also uses Logis but still maintains several talkgroups on Layer 2 of the FWRRS. Logis Solutions - Home

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
9501 is Medic One EMS
I ran a Discovery session for the Megahertz system on my SDS200. Started it about 11PM last night, & ended today @ 6PM.

There were 159 hits captured, with a total of just under ten minutes of conversations recorded.

There is another EMS dispatch talkgroup using that TGID. The field units are using radio calls "Care 1, Care 2, Care 3...........". Sounds like non-emergency ground transportation, not EMS responses to individual calls. They are reporting their pickup and clear times, and mileage for the calls.

There were a few other calls, to "Medic 1" and "Medic 11". Not sure who this is, unless it's another dispatch partly connected with Medic One EMS. At one time, there was an EMS company, "CARE TRAN INC DBA DALLAS AMBULANCE", in Dallas County, on FCC license WNXA417. That license was cancelled in 2004, and I do not see a new license issued, at least not under either of those names in Dallas County. Based on the addresses and hospitals being referenced, it appears that this activity is focused, for the most part, on Collin County. Of course, if they are exclusively using Megahertz, then they would not need a separate license of their own.

jason51

Dallas ambulance went out of business many years ago. What you are hearing is another service, Medic one is only on 9501. Was the I’d you heard 1098?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Dallas ambulance went out of business many years ago. What you are hearing is another service, Medic one is only on 9501. Was the I’d you heard 1098?
No, definitely 1088, logged as that both in the Discovery session as well as on ProScan. This was definitely a non-emergency ambulance dispatch, patient transfer activity.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info, Jason.

Just curious, Texoma

Did they specifically say "Medical City Dallas"? Or just "Medical City"?

HCA, which owns that group of hospitals, renamed all of them to 'Medical City _________". What used to be "Medical Center of Plano" is now "Medical City Plano"; 'Las Colinas Medical Center' is now "medical City Las Colinas'. Their other hospitals in North Texas also were renamed.

They said MCD which I interpreted as Med City Dallas.

No 1088 Traffic heard, am hearing a bunch of CF stuff that goes against what is in the DB such as the "Air Scene" channels. And East & West dispatch channels.

Thanks for the info on Medic One that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.