Mesa FD

pvngsfire

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything in awhile on Mesa Fire Dispatch, have they moved to another frequency? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Did you see this?

Are you referring to TOPAZ, the legacy VHF system, or both?

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Mesa went to automated dispatch about a month ago. For some unknown reason they have decided not to simulcast the dispatch on the VHF frequency. So, you’ll need to monitor the TRWC TG 3064.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
TOPAZ/TRWC whatever you call it the 700/800 trunking system for Mesa Fire & PD. All fire assignments are being sent on C1 (TG 3064). The only time I now hear anything on VHF (156.240) is when the actual dispatcher transmits.

Did anyone hear the male voice interrupt B3 during a house fire with 'fire department fire department'?
The safety officer asked the IC if that was a mayday since the voice sounded urgent. This was about 2100 tonight.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
topazsystem in easy words sucks, they have had issues with this sytem ever since they got it. I remember riding with pd the systemkept scrambling that they went to cell phones to reach dispatch. Fire same way they have had to send tones out x times at times because nothing came over. I think the issue with topaz system they need more repeaters up. I cannot tell you how many times in the pass week all I heard was c3 and nothing else. I am using a Pro197 with a great antenna that I can pick up wikenburg on fires and I am using top of the line coax LMR240. So it is not me. I have seen eng 2202 fly by me but never heard a dispatch. This is a worthless radio system. they were talking about going to the 700 radio system . Topaz is a hit and miss

Foresigt

topazsystem in easy words sucks, they have had issues with this sytem ever since they got it. I remember riding with pd the systemkept scrambling that they went to cell phones to reach dispatch. Fire same way they have had to send tones out x times at times because nothing came over. I think the issue with topaz system they need more repeaters up. I cannot tell you how many times in the pass week all I heard was c3 and nothing else. I am using a Pro197 with a great antenna that I can pick up wikenburg on fires and I am using top of the line coax LMR240. So it is not me. I have seen eng 2202 fly by me but never heard a dispatch. This is a worthless radio system. they were talking about going to the 700 radio system . Topaz is a hit and miss

Not sure what you are talking about. Topaz is a 700/800 system. I know in the past they didn't keep up with updates and that could be part of the problem. I hear them in C 1, 2 and 3 just fine. Are you sure you're not having a simulcast issue?

I've been listening off and on since I moved to Mesa in late 2017, have not noted any problems.
It sounds like the automated system puts our more FD runs that before, did they add departments or is the tone catching my ear more often?

KB7MIB

I've been listening off and on since I moved to Mesa in late 2017, have not noted any problems.
It sounds like the automated system puts our more FD runs that before, did they add departments or is the tone catching my ear more often?

Mesa dispatches for themselves, and the Superstition (AJ and surrounding area), Gilbert, Queen Creek, and Rio Verde departments and districts.

And the PRO-197 does not handle simulcast systems like the TOPAZ RWC well. The Uniden SDS-100 or SDS-200, the Unication G-4 or G-5 pagers, or a commercial grade radio programmed for receive-only (if you can afford one and can find someone who can properly program it for non-affiliation receiving) are needed to properly receive simulcast systems.

John
Peoria

mbnv992

I live in Gilbert and IMO, Topaz works fantastically, never had an issue. RWC is hit or miss for me. Somethings definitely wrong with your scanner if you are having issues with Topaz.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I live in Gilbert and IMO, Topaz works fantastically, never had an issue. RWC is hit or miss for me. Somethings definitely wrong with your scanner if you are having issues with Topaz.

He's using a Pro-197, which wasn't properly designed to handle P25 simulcast systems like TOPAZ (even though it advertises it can do so). So it really is on his end. For me, TOPAZ sounds fantastic all over Mesa too, but I'm using a BKRadio KNG2-P800 rather than a consumer grade scanner toy (and especially not a scanner toy that wasn't designed with the right hardware to reliably monitor such a system).