Metro Audio Corrupt

Jeremy1873

So I live in the eastern part of the county. Metro works but sometimes the audio cuts out. However the metro zone audio for NC, CV, etc. works just fine it's metro but works but 700 mhz SDFD I have issues with. Is there a reason why? Is it location? Is there a way to limit or stop this error indefinitely like a new antenna? I have an sds100 with a Remtronix 700/800. It's not a huge issue but I'd prefer if it didn't do that. And to mention that's with dispatch when it comes to cmd/tac channels it can get worse.

Audio #1 Audio #2

Elpablo

I can relate. I have the same issue and feel it's due to the weak 700 mhz system. I live in a small valley in the Clairemont area and on my SDS100 with the same antenna it does it about 30% of the time. It seems to be noticeable on the dispatch talkgroup (7B) more than other talkgroups on the 700 system. When I used my mobile SDS200 with a nmo mounted moto 700/800 antenna, I didn't have the issue unless I was in a deadzone.

Jeremy1873

I can relate. I have the same issue and feel it's due to the weak 700 mhz system. I live in a small valley in the Clairemont area and on my SDS100 with the same antenna it does it about 30% of the time. It seems to be noticeable on the dispatch talkgroup (7B) more than other talkgroups on the 700 system. When I used my mobile SDS200 with a nmo mounted moto 700/800 antenna, I didn't have the issue unless I was in a deadzone.
Okay. Thank you for the information. So you recommend getting an sds200 with a nmo mounted moto 700/800 antenna that would hopefully fix it?

Elpablo

I think it's more to do with location than equipment since the system is not strong like the 800 mhz system was. Try taking your SDS100 to a higher location and see if you still has the issue. Folks on this forum have talked about how weak the 700 system is. It's not as good if you used to listening to stronger systems like the RCS. I was hoping they would boost the power of the transmitters but that hasn't happened.