Michigan Ops Code Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8NIY

AEofficer116 said:
thats what i was thinking i hope they dont find out how to use this........ could be trouble for ID theft.....
I didn't think this stuff was even public knowledge, solely for that reason.

Nonetheless, that more than answered my question. Thanks guys!

AEofficer116

It Just Giving Them One More Peice Of Info To Use For The Crime (id theft).......... I Dont Think Helps !

Last edited:

seamusg

AEofficer116 said:
It Just Giving Them One More Peice Of Info To Use For The Crime (id theft).......... I Dont Think Helps !
These hashing systems have been around longer than most of us have been alive, they are used for a lot more than driv. lic.. Most of the software you use use some of these systems for find information. if you are able to find something without spelling it correctly, you used one of these systems. SOUNDEX which was one of the first is used to find any english word that sounds like the one you want. As in a last or first name, with spelling differences, even spell checkers can use it to suggest spellings when the word is not found.

Last edited:

k8tmk

OK, I unerstand how the first three numbers are related to my last name, but how are the second three numbers related to my first name. For example, I have a 7 in my second set of 3 numbers, but that doesn't seem to match up with any letters.

UPMedic

The highprogrammer web site referenced previously has been online for quite some time (at least a year).

It was about a year ago when one of the local news stations ran a story that referenced the website.

seamusg

UPMedic said:
The highprogrammer web site referenced previously has been online for quite some time (at least a year).

It was about a year ago when one of the local news stations ran a story that referenced the website.
And the site completly ecplains the hashing code used for Michigan operator license.

Status
Not open for further replies.