TRX-2: Micro SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I purchased a Sandisk 32GB micro sd card tonight to have as a backup for my whistler trx 2 scanner, in the event that something happens to the 4GB that came with the scanner. Will this work if I put it in my scanner? Just want to be sure.

thank you
anelson5004

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
I have a Whistler WS1080 and I find that Sandisk 4GB and 8GB cards work well. I would format the card in the Whistler software and try it out. If you don't record with the scanner I don't think that you will need 32 GB. It also takes longer to load with a large card when you first power the scanner on. I hope this helps.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, as Zamson25 said, supposedly the bigger the card - the longer the boot time. I've not used anything bigger than 4GB myself, so I can't verify, but a number of TRX owners have reported this. Also the TRX-2 takes regular size SD cards, not micro SD like the Uniden x36 radios. I guess if it's in an adapter a micro would work though.

daddyjohn

I used an extra 16GB I had an that was the first thing I noticed, longer boot time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

anelson5004

Whistler TRX2 SD Card Question

I purchased a backup 32GB SD card from Walmart for my Whistler TRX2 in case something happens to the 4GB. Will this work in my scanner once I place it in it? I have attached a picture. Wanted to check before I open the pack. I am already aware that it will cause it to boot slower given it is a big card.

anelson5004

Attachments

• Whistler TRX2 backup SD card.jpg
    Whistler TRX2 backup SD card.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 649

Ubbe

It will work but it will also work with the cheapest slowest SD card you can get.
The transfer speed between SD card and scanner/computer are extreamly slow and there is no reason to get a high speed card, it's overkill.

You can easily partioned the card with a computer to a lower size, to speed up the scanner start time.

/Ubbe

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I tried a 32 GB on my TRX-2 and also noticed much longer boot time. Even with 8 GB, longer to boot than with 4 GB. I just use the 4 GB now.

anelson5004

I am using Windows 10 and when I insert the micro sd 32GB adapter in my sd card slot on my computer it will not "beep" and the EZ Scan software will not pick it up when I click rescan. However, when I insert the 4GB card that came with my TRX2 it works with no problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

BrianG61UK

I am using Windows 10 and when I insert the micro sd 32GB adapter in my sd card slot on my computer it will not "beep" and the EZ Scan software will not pick it up when I click rescan. However, when I insert the 4GB card that came with my TRX2 it works with no problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

Just tell it the drive letter.

Or maybe it'll be less confusing if you give it the label TRX2.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
As another poster mentioned, a larger sd card does increase the boot up time.

Ubbe

Most SD cards comes preformatted but I guess this one have some problems. Use windows administrative tools to see if you can locate that SD card as a drive and partition and format it. I recommend to partition it to max 8GB as that will let you store a lot of recordnings and boot times are not too long. Going over 8GB only have negative effects.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.