Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4RJX

1330- I notice that Extender 33 (KC-10 # 86-0033) a Travis 62ndAW bird off Piedmont Airport, Greensboro NC. Kinda strange place for a KC-10 to stop over.

KC-10's come to Greensboro nearly Monthly. HAECO Americas does work of some sorts on them. I've noticed they mostly use the call sign "GUCCI" or "XTNDR."

In fact if you look at google maps two KC-10's are in the picture. The last time my wife and I ventured that way we stopped by, no KC-10's but LOTS of foreign and domestic airliners were getting work done.

mdmonitor

Do all of the SHADY aircraft come from one DOD base or a specific wing ?
Terry

As far as I know the US Army Shadys are all based at Hunter AAF near Savannah. I know the USAF also has some MC-12s but I don't know where they are based. I would guess somewhere in the Soutwest area, NM, AZ

SiuDude2

POTUS travel, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...

Monday, February 20, 2023
7:00 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route Warsaw, Poland

Tuesday, February 21, 2023
The President will arrive in Warsaw, Poland.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023
The President will return to Washington, DC.
That’s what They want you to believe. ;)

Biden departed ADW aboard 99-0003, call sign SAM060 at 0915z on Sunday and arrived at Ramstein 7 hours later. I am not sure how he got to Ukraine, but i am sure that there’s some hex-spoofing involved.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber

Biden departed ADW aboard 99-0003, call sign SAM060 at 0915z on Sunday and arrived at Ramstein 7 hours later. I am not sure how he got to Ukraine, but i am sure that there’s some hex-spoofing involved.
Agreed. And I'm sure if Biden did meet Z in Kyiv, you can bet your sweet bippy that Putin was told ahead of time to back off while Potus was there. Hope we have enough ordinance to combat China should they decide to invade Taiwan - guess it depends on how many more balloons we decide to shoot down with our $400K sidewinders!
Reports say Potus took a train to Kyiv.

mdmonitor

Might be the reason we're seeing a string of RC-12s coming into BWI recently.

RC-12
RC-12 Poster
(click to view full)
December 13/17: Contracts-Life Cycle Services The US Army has awarded Northrop Grumman a $750 million contract
external link
for life cycle services on the service’s Special Electronic Mission Aircraft fleet. 75 fixed-wing airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance planes will be covered under the agreement, including RC-12X Guardrail, the Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance Surveillance System and Airborne Reconnaissance Low variants. The period of performance is one year, with eight one-year options, and work to be carried out includes program management, systems engineering and modification, supply chain management, and aircraft modifications and elective upgrades. King Aerospace, Inc. and M1 Support Service will also participate in work under the contract.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. And I'm sure if Biden did meet Z in Kyiv, you can bet your sweet bippy that Putin was told ahead of time to back off while Potus was there. Hope we have enough ordinance to combat China should they decide to invade Taiwan - guess it depends on how many more balloons we decide to shoot down with our $400K sidewinders!
Reports say Potus took a train to Kyiv.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

That's the difference between announced official schedule and OTR travel, Air Force One departed from Andrews Air Force Base at 4:15 a.m. EST Sunday. Your pool was already on board and not see Biden board the plane. An overhead announcement at roughly 4:00 a.m. stated that Biden had arrived. The pool was swept at Andrews at 2:15 a.m. and asked to hand over our devices, as is often the case for unannounced presidential visits of this nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.