Midland WR-300 WR300 Weather Alert Radio: Preliminary Review WITH PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JNW

Wasn't there a guy on there that reviewrd the WR-300?

I have the WR-100. I like it, no frills, but does it's job. My fiancee caught it on sale at Wally when she got off work one night and grabbed it for me!

You should be able to find a WR-300 fairly easy. Google it, or look around on ebay.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Update

Well here's an update. My unit had a little episode.

I unplugged the radio and moved it to a new spot. When I went to plug it back in, the display malfunctioned. It showed garbled/mixed characters and junk on the screen and none of the buttons worked. After hitting a few buttons randomly the backlight came on but the display was just blank. :roll:

The manual says nothing about how to reset the thing.

After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I found a solution. By pulling the batteries out of the radio, unplugging the AC plug (but leaving it still hooked up to the radio), and then plugging it back in, I was able to bring the unit back to life.

Now it's working fine again, and my FIPS codes were not lost. So, in case this happens to anyone, now you know how to fix it.

Q101ATFD

JohnnyGalaga said:
But look at the display compared to the manufacturer's photo.

Look at a real Whopper and fries, compared to what it looks like on a billboard or TV

:p

defient81

Thanks for the review

I have had my Midland WR-300 for almost two years now. I really like it a lot. I live in a large city so using the built in antenna to pick up my local frequency is not an issue. I would like to see them fix it so that the radio shuts off automatically after the warning message has been fully read, otherwise you have to wait five mins or hit the button manually.
One of the features I think gets over looked is the fact that you can program 3 FM and 3 AM commercial radio stations. Our state has designated stations you can tune to in a disaster and I have been able to program them in. If we have to evacuate, this radio can pull double duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.