Milwaukee EMS patient reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT-112

Any particular reason 462.950 and 462.975 are not in the database for Milwaukee or Milwaukee County?

These are used for patient reports, mainly but not exclusively for the private EMS companies that contract within Milwaukee.

These aren't new, they've been in use since the 70s, they're still active and licensed...

CrabbyMilton

If I had to guess, it's because they are used by private ambulances on almost a nationwide basis much like 155.340 is. Municipal fire/EMS can show up anywhere and since they won't usually stray too far from their home base, they won't need use of an universal frequency whereas a private ambulance may travel several hundred miles so hosptials can be contacted via radio.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
I don't have the admin manual in front of me at the moment, but I believe this is due to those channels being national in nature. The policy on channels like this are to list them in the appropriate area of the database, so since these are national channels they are listed in the national area only.

JT-112

They may be national frequencies, but their usage changes dramatically around the country.

In looking at a few database pages for other areas, I see them called out. Chicago is one of many examples.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Understood. This is a fairly new change to DB administration, so not all states have made the changes yet. I'm sure one of us in WI already moved them, or perhaps they never were listed within the county...I'm not sure anymore.

Regardless, it is what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.