Mini Win10 PC Sound Card issue

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased this Mini PC from amazon in an attempt to set up a quick/cheap feed at my mothers house. My plan was to have this running a feed with a BCD996P2. My current issue is that while this PC has 4 USB ports, I am unable to get either of the Sabrent or Bengoo USB sound cards I purchased to work. Windows does not recognize these devices and doesn't install them. I am hoping someone has some helpful pointers.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased this Mini PC from amazon in an attempt to set up a quick/cheap feed at my mothers house. My plan was to have this running a feed with a BCD996P2. My current issue is that while this PC has 4 USB ports, I am unable to get either of the Sabrent or Bengoo USB sound cards I purchased to work. Windows does not recognize these devices and doesn't install them. I am hoping someone has some helpful pointers.
I'm using 5 of the exact same Sabrent USB sound cards and Win11 recognized the device and auto-installed the drivers as soon as it was connected. Not sure if Win10 Pro can recognize the device... if it helps you at all, this is the device driver info that was installed by Windows 11:

1678672729035.png

Is there anything listed in your Device Manager for the USB audio device?

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply.

Here is a screenshot of my device manager:
DevMngr.PNG

Here are the drivers listed for "Remote Audio" and "USB Audio Device"
RemoteAudioDrivers.PNG
USBAudoDeviceDrivers.PNG

The problem is that when I go to sounds, these sound cards aren't listed.

a417

U+0000
Untitled.png
go to details under the device, and show us the hardware IDs and the compatible IDs (next item under hardware in the dropdown).

What you are showing us doesn't let us know what the actual device tells windows it is actually trying to be, just that windows has attempted to load these files for it.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Attached are the screenshots for the Hardware and Compatible IDs

HardwareIDs.PNGCompatibleIDs.PNG

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Amazon stopped selling your miniPC so I can’t see what you paid for it.

This miniPC from AliExpress makes a great server. Sells for about $115.00

I opted for the 8GB/128GB version.

Running ProScan with a SDS200 for a few months with no issues.

Average time from order to delivery to Illinois is 25 days.

I did a quick scan on Amazon and didn’t see this model.

a417

U+0000
That's an ID for a Unitek Y-247a compatible device. It's pretty popular, and it works almost everywhere. I have several that work on both windows and linux.

The drivers should be included in Windows, and the manufacturer does not have any information on their site, and there does not seem to be a specific driver file for that hardware.

Windows is clearly loading the devices, as they are showing up in the device manager. What do you mean that "Windows doesn't recognize these devices or install them?" Where is it not showing up that you thought it would?

ArloG

a417 is correct. C-Media is the chipset manufacturer.
A couple of things. True, Windows should have native drivers or perhaps a driver update on Windows Update.
It appears as if you do have it installed. Since there is no bang...! next to the instance it should work.
What is listed in control panel sound settings? And what if you test it with speakers or headphones in the settings window, set it as the default audio mic and speaker?
When "It" hits the fan look for a Behringer UCA-202. Works the world over with no drivers, is fairly inexpensive, any OS is pnp.
Here's a cabinet file with x86, x64 drivers if you want to install the C-Media specific drivers that may work.
Either through Windows cabinet installer or extract with 7Zip and try installing that way.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both for the replies. Sorry for such a late response. The device doesn't show up under sounds (Playback and Recording) or while trying to setup the audio control in RadioFeed.
SoundsPlayback.PNG SoundsRecording.PNG
RadioFeedAudioControl.png RadioFeedError.PNG

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What happens if you right click anywhere on the Sound - Recording tab and select 'Show Disabled Devices'?
{edit} Do the same on the Playback side too.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I just looked and both "show disabled devices" & "Show disconnected" devices are checked on playback and recording.

ArloG

Okay. Please try this. With the device unpluged from your pc. go to device manager.
If you have My Computer on your desktop. Right click and select manage. You knew that.
Once you're in device manager go to the view menu and click show hidden devices.
Scroll through anything related to the USB device. Do you see anything with a bang (!) mark by it?
Now plug the device in. Does anything populate in the list? And if so does it have a ! by it or a message that device cannot start?
That's a starting point.

The next part gets a bit more serious. We're going to get the pc ready to view all disconnected devices. Anything that was there in the past and not there now. USB memory sticks, external hard drives, cameras, phones....everything.
Follow these instructions to a tee. Make sure that you run command prompt in administrator mode. Search bar, type cmd. Right click on Command Prompt and run as administrator. Go to the link and follow to guide.
Now when you open device manager you can see everything that was there and is no more but left traces of them and the drivers.
Right click on them and delete them. If it's something you know works. Leave it.
If it's something that you no longer use. Delete.
Don't be surprised if you see multiple instances of the same device. Usually that means they were plugged into different USB ports.

When you're all cleaned up. Shut the pc down and do a cold boot. Peek at device manager again and plug in your USB audio device. It should pop up. If it has an aux in and out port you should see an instance of that.
You should not get a ! or a device cannot start. And if it installs ok. You will have a functioning audio device in the sound settings.

If not. Please don't pull your hair out anymore. I didn't ask if they worked plugged into another pc. Yes/No?
Spend the few dollars, get the Behringer UCA202. Plug it in. And call it a day.
Besides, they come with a few pieces of freeware on CD.

Follow this:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have a similar problem with a small NuVision computer. It worked well for the first three years I used it, but after a Windows 10 update a couple of years ago, the sound, touch screen, and USB card slot stopped working. The computer was made by NuVision. I tried uninstalling the updates, but the problems continued. A clean install of Windows 10 was also useless in fixing the problems. Many small computers do not have the hardware (processor, memory, and security chip), to run Windows 11 so upgrading to 11 is not likely a possible help.