• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor 7 Software

AFD103

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody else had the pleasure of using this steaming pile of hot garbage yet?

The first thing that hit me are the numerous spelling and grammar errors. I can forgive one or two. I gave up counting after a dozen.

I suppose it was to much to ask to be able to either open or import a Minitor 6 file. Since it hasn't been a thing in previous software, I didn't really have the expectation that it would be a thing here.

But since it's not a thing in Minitor 7 software, how about Copy and Paste actually working? I can open Minitor 6 and Minitor 7 side by side. I can copy and paste the receive frequency data. But when I try to copy and paste tone data, Control-V doesn't work at all. You can right-click and paste. The data gets pasted into the field. But when you save or program, it doesn't actually stick. It sucks when you have a five-channel pager with anywhere between three and 10 tone sets per channel.

If you can stick with the Minitor 6 for a while, do it. They are significantly smaller than the Minitor 7, functionally identical, and the software isn't nearly as buggy.

NCFire11

I was wondering what the difference was. I saw the 7 was larger but did not seem to have many more features.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
Why does M keep changing pagers? The II was the best out there, but I can understand why they moved to the III due to being able to program via software. The III and IV were crap. V was decent. I don't have any experience with the VI or 7, so I cant say anything about them.

AFD103

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering what the difference was. I saw the 7 was larger but did not seem to have many more features.
Based upon everything I've seen so far, the feature set is fundamentally the same. There's an 'emergency alarm' feature in the 7 that basically makes it shriek. Basically like a manual PASS alarm activation. Otherwise, I could find no significantly different features.

They are finally getting away from charging the pager from the accessory connector on the bottom and have put charging contacts on the sides. The pager has been made taller to accommodate those charging contacts.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Why does M keep changing pagers? The II was the best out there, but I can understand why they moved to the III due to being able to program via software. The III and IV were crap. V was decent. I don't have any experience with the VI or 7, so I cant say anything about them.
Just like the Iphone - they keep changing for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$