Minor bug- Volume offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
In a trunked analog system (TxWARN analog), when the 536's volume is at 0, no TGs are heard, regardless of their volume offset. E.g., if the volume is at 1 and a TG has offset=3, then it gets played at what I'm guessing is volume 4, but if the volume is set to 0, then even a TG whose offset=+3 is not heard. This is probably the desired behavior, i.e., Uniden probably intended to enforce a "0 volume means 0 volume no matter what the offset" rule.

But for digital systems (e.g., TxWARN digital), with the 536's volume set to 0, TGs with a positive volume offset are heard. E.g., I have TX DPS TGs set to +3, and with the volume knob at 0, I still hear them (at what I presume is volume 3).

Either rule is reasonable, but the scanner should behave consistently regardless of whether the channel is analog or digital, yes?

...R

FirstClass

Exchange Program

Yaesumofo – I will take a look at the 7506. Why NC? High db work environment.

UPMan - Thank you. I plan on taking the scanner on a shopping trip for another headset.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You might want to look at passive NC solutions, such as those used at race tracks (essentially, full cup highly acoustically isolated with normal "inductor" type speaker circuits rather than an active NC).

freqhopping

I've mentioned this volume offset issue with my 436 previously in another thread. 0 ought to be 0. 0 volume = 0 no matter the + offset with my 396XT.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I've mentioned this volume offset issue with my 436 previously in another thread. 0 ought to be 0. 0 volume = 0 no matter the + offset with my 396XT.

Are you saying that both the 436 & 396XT have this same problem?

Unless Uniden has addressed this both should have this problem but for some reason I have not heard it on my 436 yet, but I am aware my 396XT acts this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.