Missing Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

I just saw the lapd crash units and detectives raid a house a block away, I had my scanner on and apparently scanning all known frequencies for lapd and I didn't hear a peep. Is there a certain channel they use for these types of operations? Or is it that these types of operations are discussed prior to executing thus the reason for no radio activity? Thank you

GrandpaFrank

I forgot to ask in my previous post if anyone would care to share their LAPD P.96 file or does anyone know where I can get one that includes lapd south bureau? My list is really unorganized and I believe I have some settings messed up somewhere.

code3cowboy

Rarely do you need to talk on the radio when raiding a normal small house when an outside voice will suffice.

jrholm

There is usually very little radio comms during the actual execution as it would have been previously discussed.

scanfan22

Just out of curiosity, how do you know they were "Crash units"? What division or area was this in? I've heard this type of stuff for LAPD ops on Mutual aid freqs or other unusual freqs but that is usually just once the units arrive on scene. Surveillance ops are usually on detective channels or tac freqs. As has already been pointed out, once the raid starts there is little to no radio comms. BTW Crash units no longer exist. They were replaced with gang units. Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just saw the lapd crash units and detectives raid a house a block away, I had my scanner on and apparently scanning all known frequencies for lapd and I didn't hear a peep. Is there a certain channel they use for these types of operations? Or is it that these types of operations are discussed prior to executing thus the reason for no radio activity? Thank you

GrandpaFrank

Yes, they are referred to as Gang units, however, we still call them crash sometimes. I assumed they were crash due to the lack of a light bar across the top of the car. The person being raided was a known drug dealer and gang associate. I realize that many officers who are not "Gang Units" can drive a car with no light bar, but we only know of 2 types of black and whites, traffic units and Gang units, so i assumed the latter. There were also the normal UC units there as well in unmarked crown vic's, and a few in civillian clothes with ordinary looking cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.