Missouri Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was looking over the Missouri Statewide Radio System.

Just looking and found a couple of talkgroups that I would like to know the meaning of?

They are:

All (Talkgroup)
Travel (Talkgroup)

I have been searching to different states trunking systems and this is the first state that I found having these particular two talkgroup Ids:

Just curious

Thanks

David

From North Carolina

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The travel talkgroups are actually fairly common amongst statewide P25 systems although they may be called other names.
They are essentially for times when say a corrections officer, for example, must transport a prisoner across the state well outside of his/her home area. Their radios would not be allowed to associate with sites outside of their home area so they establish the Travel talkgroups. These TGs will associate with towers anywhere in the state and open a communications channel back to their home area using only the repeaters in their physical location and a repeater at their home location.

The All talkgroups are usually used locally for unofficial communications that are probably not recorded.
Say a department gets involved in handling traffic for a parade or a funeral procession, I'll hear them use their given All talkgroup so as not to tie up a public safety TG. I also hear some locations use the All talkgroups for public works type activities. I'm not sure what's all allowed on an All TG but the above probably covers the basics. I think each user or county can kind of do what they want with this one really.
I also don't know if the Travel TGs are recorded either like would be done for any official Law or Fire/EMS type TGs.

Others may chime in with more info but the above is the way I understand how these two types of TGs are used.

scannerowner

Kruser hit it on the head. Travel talkgroups allow the users to roam all over the state. They're not tied to any particular jurisdiction within the county. Prisoner transports, and EMS agencies would be primary users. County All is a common talkgroup for all agencies to use if needed for whatever purpose.

All PSAPs with MOSWIN radios are required to scan County All, County Travel, Region IO Calling, and MO IO Calling. Each county that uses MOSWIN full time will be allocated talkgroups per their requests. Region Interops are used at the request of agencies for special events, pursuits, etc.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
the county ALL group is actually interoperability, it is supposed to be used for all county agencies to be on the same group during an event or incident

Status
Not open for further replies.